Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » CXF Java2WS and WSDL2Java Problems(Problems generating services and clients with CXF)
CXF Java2WS and WSDL2Java Problems [message #805653] Fri, 24 February 2012 01:43 Go to next message
Mike Tarullo is currently offline Mike TarulloFriend
There appears to be a problem when generating WSDL for Java code and when generating Java clients from WSDLs. I have searched for the error received
(java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe": CreateProcess error=87, The parameter is incorrect) and it appears that this is caused by a command line that is too long.

If this is the case I am suprised that this problem has not been resolved.

It appears that both Eclipse and Apache are making no attempt to fix this. The impression I am getting is that it is being called a Windows problem.

This may certainly be the case but one thing that might be done to fix this is to provide an option to have the command line parameters read in from a file.

I don't know if such a change is the responsibility of Eclipse, Apache or both and I will be posting this same message to the Apache CXF mailing lists.

Tools like Eclipse are valuable to software developers but only if they work properly. I urge the Eclipse contributors to approach Apache about this an work with them to resolve it.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 February 2012 01:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CXF Java2WS and WSDL2Java Problems [message #809930 is a reply to message #805653] Wed, 29 February 2012 13:04 Go to previous message
Shane Clarke is currently offline Shane ClarkeFriend
Hi Mike,

Is this an Eclipse only problem (Web Services wizards with CXF runtime) or do you get the same error when calling CXF java2ws / wsdl2java directly from the command line using the same input (class/wsdl) and command line arguments?

Thanks,
Shane
Previous Topic:Problem to deploy application JSF
Next Topic:Error: Selection must be WSDL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:12:34 GMT 2024