Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EEF] generation of inherited elements and listeners
[EEF] generation of inherited elements and listeners [message #805397] Thu, 23 February 2012 18:09 Go to next message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
Hi there, Great tool!

I am using EEF in conjunction with Graphiti and from what I have seen so far this is an excellent utility.

I have two questions. First I am getting an incomplete generation of property viewers from EEF on several elements in my model which are inherited from a base type.

The model is like this with annotations about attributes and what gets generated:
Node (parent Class) - 2 string attributes -- not generated
Goal (child of Node) - 2 boolean attributes -- generated
Strategy (child of Node) - 2 boolean attributes -- generated
Assumption (child of Node) - no attributes except inherited ones -- not generated
Evidence (child of Node) - no attributes except inherited ones -- not generated

Link (parent Class) - 2 Ereferences and string attribute -- not generated
Solved (child of Node) - no attributes except what is inherited -- generated
Context (child of Node) - no attributes except what is inherited -- not generated

It seems to me that what is getting generated and what is not is somewhat arbitrary. For instance there is no difference between Solved and Context. In Goal and Strategy the inherited attributes show up fine.

Is there a reason for this? (I was not able to find an answer through the runtime table)

Can I simply extend the "MODEL.components" file adding these elements in and regenerate the code?

My second question is if there is any guidance on writing a specialized listener that can call a redraw on the diagram. One case of this is in the Goal from above I have a particular decorator that shows up when one of the boolean attributes is true. Upon switching (from true to false or vice versa) I need to force Graphiti to redraw the element. It is not clear to me where I would hook into the listener for that. Is there any tutorial or guidance on how to do that?

Thanks!
Joe

Addendum: I thought I would just go ahead and try to add elements into the "MODEL.components" file directly. I received an error, "Unhandled event loop exception", in several spots. First was Properties Edition Component on the Binding->Model chooser (when either editing an old node or on my "new" one). And in defining a View Container Representation using the chooser as well (again clicking on the button for both old and new nodes causes the error.) Just FYI. Thanks!

[Updated on: Thu, 23 February 2012 18:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [EEF] generation of inherited elements and listeners [message #806284 is a reply to message #805397] Fri, 24 February 2012 19:47 Go to previous message
Josef Pohl is currently offline Josef PohlFriend
OK, so I hate to admit user error but I will take partial blame. My genmodel had been corrupted in a sense. The ecorePackage (the only place I looked) contained all of the relevant information but the genClasses did not. It only contained the ones that I noted as being generated. I deleted the genmodel and re-created it which created all of the relevant genClasses (etc). Not sure how that happened but all is right with the world now... well, kind of.

Thanks,
Joe
Previous Topic:[Texo] Hibernate Search example
Next Topic:[Texo] How to run data generator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:39:58 GMT 2024