Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » subdir.mk not generated properly(bug?)
subdir.mk not generated properly [message #802195] Sun, 19 February 2012 15:30 Go to next message
dan friedman is currently offline dan friedmanFriend
I have a project, in which i use the eclipse cdt on linux, its build chain, and "externalal builder", along with generated makefiles automatically checked.

in settings-cross G++ compiler-includes - i have included libraries A,B,C, both in release and debug mode - but for some reason library C is not included in the g++ call under the -I option.

It seems that the problem is that the subdir.mk files is not being updated with last library added, C. I have tried to be extra sure, and i don't see any other different settings between the debug and release mode.

Does any one know of any idea to fix this? I tried deleted both the Release and Debug directories, and then rebuilding - but still the subdir.mk file is not generated properly.
Re: subdir.mk not generated properly [message #905799 is a reply to message #802195] Fri, 31 August 2012 04:55 Go to previous message
John Shiflett is currently offline John ShiflettFriend
I am having the exact same problem with an include file in the Release configuration. The GUI updates the -I option to the right path, and the Release/makefile shows the right path, but the Release/src/subdir.mk file has an old/bad path and I cannot figure out how to make it change. I can build a release version by manually editing the subdir.mk file (even though the file says not to), and then run make in the Release directory. Deleting the Release directory doesn't help fix it.

The only other solution I've found is by creating a new build configuratin and using the default release option, and then having to go back through and add all the paths and libraries again...

Does anyone know how to fix an existing build configuration as the OP asked?
Previous Topic:Variable length template string
Next Topic:Using the CDT code formatter from another plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:02:34 GMT 2024