Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Java EE Project(Eclipse Indigo for Java EE developers)
Java EE Project [message #799700] Thu, 16 February 2012 07:49 Go to next message
shalin lazar is currently offline shalin lazarFriend
Hi,

I'm working on a project and intend to use the following technologies:

PostgresSQL 8.4
Glassfish 3.1.1
GWT and Swing(two different front ends)

I have built projects before on Netbeans, but mainly due to poor plugins and tools for GWT, I've decided to switch to Eclipse.

I've been able to connect both my Glassfish app server and postgres databases. I've created an EAR project, added an EJB module to it, but am having difficulty creating my Entity Beans.

Is there a simple and straightforward tutorial that explains this clearly? I've been reading about creating a separate JPA project, and about XDoclets. Which is more efficient, as my database is quite large (200+ tables).

When adding my glassfish server to Indigo, I chose the glassfish Server Tools bundle, which Indigo automatically downloaded and installed. I was able to run the server but ... when creating a JPA project, I'm getting an error when selecting JPA 2.0. I'd need to customize some settings which quite frankly I don't seem to follow.

This is why I've been searching a fool-proof tutorial that explains everything clearly, something I haven't been able to find as of yet.

Another issue that I'm not sure of (which I'll face down the road) is that ... can we call postgres stored procedures from within our business logic (mostly session beans)?

Thanks and please let me know if you would need me to clarify.

Regards,

Shalin.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 February 2012 07:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Java EE Project [message #799755 is a reply to message #799700] Thu, 16 February 2012 09:20 Go to previous message
shalin lazar is currently offline shalin lazarFriend
Bump:

Just used JPA 1.0 and it seems to be working. Going to try a stored procedure call using:

Query myQuery = em.createNativeQuery("exec myProcedure()");
List resultData = myQuery.getResultList();
Previous Topic:Cannot be resolved to a type
Next Topic:Indigo JDT depending on JUnit 4.7.0?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:25:11 GMT 2024