Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » watchpoint on pointer data (not pointer itself)(Setting a watchpoint on pointer data)
watchpoint on pointer data (not pointer itself) [message #797645] Mon, 13 February 2012 18:44
Dave Harper is currently offline Dave HarperFriend
I am running a multitasking project (using FreeRTOS) and am having a problem with data corruption. I am using malloc in one task to obtain memory used as a queue message between tasks. It is configured and sent correctly from the originating task but when the message is read from the input queue on the receiving task, data in the message has been corrupted. Although I've never really used watchpoints, I'm familiar with the concept and this seems to be an ideal application of them to try and track down the problem. I can create a global pointer variable that points to the data being corrupted and initialize it at the time I malloc the memory. However, I don't know how to get the watchpoint to watch the pointers data instead of the pointer itself. Is this even possible? Or, is there some way I can set the watchpoint to point to an absolute memory location (where I could breakpoint in the task after the malloc and manually set the location that was returned from the malloc)? I've tried searching for some way to accomplish this but so far have come up empty.

Thanks,
Dave
Previous Topic:Problems compiling HELLOWORLD ¿??¿
Next Topic:Change Eclipse default update repository list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:47:25 GMT 2024