Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Remote Virgo server sending a 404
Remote Virgo server sending a 404 [message #794505] Thu, 09 February 2012 11:31 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
This is an odd one.

I have two different Virgo servers that act alternatively as remote repositories for a Virgo kernel client and I have absolutely no problem getting client and server to talk to each other with both of these remote servers.

I am now trying to switch to a new remote repository and, when trying to retrieve artefacts from it, I keep on getting an HTTP 404 error.

In comparing the config of this new server with one of the ones that work via the Virgo admin console, I see that, in the Configuration tab, the org.eclipse.virgo.apps.repository config set is not present in the faulty server, hence, I think, my 404.

Why would that be? I have checked the artefacts in the pickup directory of the server in question, and they are all there as expected (particularly theorg.eclipse.virgo.apps.repository-x.y.z.RELEASE.par that another thread mentioned might be missing).

What else can be wrong?

Please note that I am trying to wire up a kernel and a remote server that are at somewhat different versions (kernel at 3.0.0.RELEASE and remote web server at 3.0.2.RELEASE). Could that be my problem?

TIA,
B.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 February 2012 11:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Remote Virgo server sending a 404 [message #794576 is a reply to message #794505] Thu, 09 February 2012 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I suggest you try diffing config/org.eclipse.virgo.apps.repository.properties with that from a working server to see if there is some junk in there. The absence of that configuration is definitely related to the problem you are seeing. If the properties file is good, then you'll need to debug the loading of the properties file which I think you can intercept here:

http://virgo-opengrok.springsource.org/xref/virgo/org.eclipse.virgo.kernel/org.eclipse.virgo.kernel.core/src/main/java/org/eclipse/virgo/kernel/config/internal/ConfigurationInitialiser.java

IIRC, 3.0.x instances should communicate happily.
Re: Remote Virgo server sending a 404 [message #798218 is a reply to message #794576] Tue, 14 February 2012 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Thanks Glyn.

It was a silly typo on my part. Sorry for crying wolf so quickly!... Embarrassed
Re: Remote Virgo server sending a 404 [message #798351 is a reply to message #798218] Tue, 14 February 2012 15:19 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
I'm glad you are sorted.
Previous Topic:Exporting bundle project uses incorrect MANIFEST.MF
Next Topic:Spring Security on multiple bundles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:19:08 GMT 2024