Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Debug grammar generation gives error but seems to work
Debug grammar generation gives error but seems to work [message #791928] Mon, 06 February 2012 12:31 Go to next message
Adam Missing name is currently offline Adam Missing nameFriend
I'm generating a debug grammar fragment = parser.antlr.DebugAntlrGeneratorFragment {}. When running the mwe workflow, I get an error XtextSyntaxDiagnostic: null:251 no viable alternative at input '('. But the debug grammar gets generated, and Antlrworks has no problem with it. The production grammar is generated without a warning or error, and it works fine. The grammar can be found at coffeescript-eclipse

It's not a big deal by itself, I just want to make sure it's not hiding a more serious issue. Do you have any idea what might be the cause of it?

Adam
Re: Debug grammar generation gives error but seems to work [message #792790 is a reply to message #791928] Tue, 07 February 2012 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
I can't seem to find the Xtext projects with the Xtext grammar and MWE2 workflow file. Since the error mentions XtextSyntaxDiagnostic it is issued by the Xtext runtime which handles parsing of Xtext-generated languages, which means that there could be a problem with either the workflow or grammar files. Hard to tell what's going without more information.

Re: Debug grammar generation gives error but seems to work [message #792810 is a reply to message #792790] Tue, 07 February 2012 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam Missing name is currently offline Adam Missing nameFriend
Thanks for your effort. Both files can be found in this directory.
Re: Debug grammar generation gives error but seems to work [message #792853 is a reply to message #792810] Tue, 07 February 2012 13:50 Go to previous message
Meinte Boersma is currently offline Meinte BoersmaFriend
(Sorry, posted to wrong thread.)

[Updated on: Tue, 07 February 2012 13:51]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to restrict available objects
Next Topic:How to enable mark occurrences
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 02:25:46 GMT 2024