Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Q: build cannot find include files
Q: build cannot find include files [message #786351] Mon, 30 January 2012 10:08 Go to next message
Tom Peters is currently offline Tom PetersFriend
Hi,
I somehow damaged the .metadata in my WorkSpace (on MS-Windows XP with Cygwin) and am trying to rebuild it. The .project and .cproject files are all there, and I can import existing projects into the WS, which then become visible in the project explorer.

Now compilation of a library project fails because the compiler cannot find the include files.

This is old C code, and the code lives in a directory next to the workspace, and the include files are collected in the directory "include" at the same level. This used to work.

The makefile does contain a "CPPFLAGS=-I../include".

In the properties of the project, under "C/C++ General", "Paths and Symbols", tab "Includes", for "GNU C", I did add an entry containing the full path of the include directory on the files system. (I do notice that it is bold and that the icon contains an "h", whereas the default include directories from cygwin are not bold and have a green gear in their icons.)
When I added the path, I was asked if the index should be rebuilt, I said yes, and it did.

Finally, under "C/C++ Build", "Discovery Options", "Automated discovery of paths and symbols" is selected.

And of course, the .h files are all there in the specified directory.

What am I missing?!

Tom
Re: Q: build cannot find include files [message #786363 is a reply to message #786351] Mon, 30 January 2012 10:21 Go to previous message
Tom Peters is currently offline Tom PetersFriend
Oh, to answer my own question:

"Import Existing Projects into Workspace" actually copies the source dir under the workspace dir, which made all the paths wrong. I should have done "Importy Existing code as Makefile Project", and then specify the proper Makefile and add the proper include dirs as before.

Sorry for the noise,
Tom
Previous Topic:Q: how to restore a project?
Next Topic:Codan : template / member definition not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 08:31:05 GMT 2024