Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Eclipse does not seem to recognize ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 fingerprint(Eclipse EGit gets stuck at fetch/push to remote due to figerprint for git server is not known.)
Eclipse does not seem to recognize ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 fingerprint [message #784197] Fri, 27 January 2012 07:20 Go to next message
Jeremy Mising name is currently offline Jeremy Mising nameFriend
I recently clean installed a small server by installing Kubuntu 11.10 32-bit. Before this change, the computer had a working git server that was able to interact ok with EGit on a separate computers.

After the OS clean, the same configuration as before was done using tutorials for gitolite.

The repository is back to working ok when used from the command line. But Eclipse is not able to fetch a project with the following complain:

"Cannot get remote repository refs
Reason:
ssh://gitolite@host:22 the authenticity of host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' can't be established. RSA key fingerprint is xx.xx.xx... Are you sure you want to continue connection."

However, the dialog does not have an option to accept the fingerprint. I did the process to accept the fingerprint by first login in from the shell. However, the error keeps popping up.

I eliminated every host key from known_hosts and loggued back int the server so that I would only have the needed host key. But looking at the list of hosts keys from Windows->Peferences->General->Network Connections->SSH2 Known hosts tab, the key does not show up.

So, I looked at the type of key. The file says it is a ecdsa-sha2-nistp256. The previous OS Ubuntu 11.04 had mostly ssh-rsa host keys.

How do I get this to work ?

Thanks for any help
Re: Eclipse does not seem to recognize ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 fingerprint [message #824954 is a reply to message #784197] Tue, 20 March 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
peet unknown is currently offline peet unknownFriend
I have exactly the same problem. Server and client running an up to date gentoo installation and an up to date Eclipse Indigo.
Re: Eclipse does not seem to recognize ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 fingerprint [message #1690789 is a reply to message #824954] Tue, 31 March 2015 09:48 Go to previous message
Gunnar Wagenknecht is currently offline Gunnar WagenknechtFriend

This requires an update of the JSch library distributed with EGit.
https://bugs.eclipse.org/429857

Note, as a workaround you could try with using the SSH client provided by your operating system. Set GIT_SSH before starting Eclipse (see https://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/FAQ#SSH_config).

export GIT_SSH=/usr/bin/ssh

-Gunnar

[Updated on: Tue, 31 March 2015 09:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problems starting with EGit development
Next Topic:EGit doesn't understand two consecutive asterisks in gitignore file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:43:03 GMT 2024