Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Run Command looks in wrong directory(C++ Run Command Problems)
Run Command looks in wrong directory [message #782611] Tue, 24 January 2012 03:35 Go to next message
Michael Wiener is currently offline Michael WienerFriend
I'm a newb who installed eclipse and cygwin on Windows 7 for C++ development. Created project "test". Run command looks for

C:\Users\Michael\workspace\test\test

But the make process created executable at

c:\Users\Michael\workspace\test\Debug\test.exe

So, it looks in the wrong directory for the wrong file name. What am I doing wrong?
Re: Run Command looks in wrong directory [message #782676 is a reply to message #782611] Tue, 24 January 2012 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Open your launch configuration: in the toolbar click the small triangle right of the run symbol. Select "Run configurations.." then select your config. In the main tab you can set the application to run.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Run Command looks in wrong directory [message #783013 is a reply to message #782676] Tue, 24 January 2012 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wiener is currently offline Michael WienerFriend
Thanks, Axel. Do you know of a way to fix this for every project or will I have to do this manually every time? I tend to write many small projects.
Re: Run Command looks in wrong directory [message #783199 is a reply to message #783013] Wed, 25 January 2012 09:17 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Michael Wiener wrote on Tue, 24 January 2012 23:38
Thanks, Axel. Do you know of a way to fix this for every project or will I have to do this manually every time? I tend to write many small projects.

You can select the binary from the (virtual) folder "Binaries" in the project explorer. This way Eclipse will create the correct launch config (which you later can use then).

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:How to compile an open source project without Makefile ?
Next Topic:Mac OSX Eclipse Indigo won't recognize cout ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 13:50:08 GMT 2024