Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Exported MaxOSX RCP app does not show wizard/dialog (MacOSX RCP app wizard/dialogs work fine from Eclipse but don't work when app is exported)
Exported MaxOSX RCP app does not show wizard/dialog [message #780598] Wed, 18 January 2012 18:05
Steven North is currently offline Steven NorthFriend
I am porting an Eclipse RCP app developed on Linux and Windows to MacOSX 10.7 64-bit. I installed Eclipse 3.7.0 on MacOSX 10.7 and pointed to the native 1.6 JDK installed on the Mac.

I "imported" my app into Eclipse and invoked the app from Eclipse and ran some sanity tests. I did see some refresh problems with an editor view, which I also see in Eclipse editors, but the basic sanity tests worked.

I then exported the RCP app and started it up. It mostly works, but there are a couple of wizard dialogs that do not open (are not visible). I put in some debug messages and I see the code that populated the dialog with content information being called, but I do not see the dialog. Again, this worked when running directly from Eclipse, and some other wizard dialogs open just fine.

I tried to get a consoleLog from the RCP app but that didn't seem to work Any ideas about that?

i then tried attaching to the exported RCP app with jdb and tried to step through the wizard dialog open code. I got part of the way through, but then it jumps off to an event handler.

I am new to Eclipse MacOSX development so any pointers on better ways to work on the problem would be appreciated.
Previous Topic:Adding 3rd Party files to a project
Next Topic:Adding 3rd Party files to a project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 05:38:38 GMT 2024