Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Convert C++ project to Syncrhonized and Git Syncrhonization issues(Git syncrhonization issues after converting the project to syncrhonized)
Convert C++ project to Syncrhonized and Git Syncrhonization issues [message #780507] Wed, 18 January 2012 11:13
Denis Davydov is currently offline Denis DavydovFriend
Dear All,

I'am trying to set up a synchronized project: originals of the code are stored on local computer but (optionally) the project is compiled and run on a remote server.
So I want my sources to be 1-way syncrhonized with remote machine, that is keep sources on remote machine up-to-date with my local sources.
If I understand Git correct, that means that it should be "pushed" from my repository.

I followed instructions on ptp-sc11-... presentation, that is:
1) I converted my existing project to a Syncrhonized one with
Remote Provider = Remote Tools.
(I also set up a connection via SSH).

2) Then I set up Active build configuration and the first syncrhonization goes well.

3) Yet, after some time when switch between Local/Remote build and then try to build remotely, I have a syncrhonization error:

Eclipse Synchronization error for project MyProject:  Remote merge failed with message: Updating d82ed43..fa7e66e

Remote building also hangs on often at about 5% and I can't cancell it, have to restart Eclipse.

I'm very new to Git, so I would be gratefull for any ideas and advices on what to look at. I guess it has something to do with Git settings Eclipse use by default.
Can I access Git settings within IDE somehow?

[Updated on: Wed, 18 January 2012 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:cs-make-No rule to make target - Help!!!
Next Topic:Redirect Input and Output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 23 17:05:10 GMT 2024