Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Equinox p2 dependencies responsible for watched directories
Equinox p2 dependencies responsible for watched directories [message #778312] Thu, 12 January 2012 10:23 Go to next message
Eugene Kondrashev is currently offline Eugene KondrashevFriend
Hi experts

I'm integrating equinox functionality into existing java application.

The requirements are:
* Start the framework so all plugins available at droppins folder will be discovered and installed automatically
* Enable watched directories functionality so all new plugins placed in droppins folder will be discovered and installed(updated) automatically.

Currently i'm stuck with resolving p2 dependencies responsible for this functionality. In other words I need only those list of dependencies that do the job, so I can limit build procedure with minimal dependencies needed.

I was trying to use tycho to build the application I need, but the only similar application available from examples is itp04-rcp, but that produces a lot of dependencies + gui jars/so's and binaries that i'm not interested in.

Currently I have a solution with minimal dependencies:
osgi
|-- org_eclipse_equinox_common.jar
|-- org_eclipse_osgi.jar
`-- plugins
`-- my-bundle-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
But with no watched dirs mechanism.

As I understood from the docs, I can add simpleconfigurator with:
configuration/
config.ini
org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/
bundles.info
,so i can give a list of all the plug-ins to be installed, but again that without watched dirs functionality.

Another question here is how the framework should be started from the java code to enable all these mechanisms properly. My guess is that EclipseStarter should be used.
But i would really appreciate the code snippet of doing this.

Thanks,
Eugene
Re: Equinox p2 dependencies responsible for watched directories [message #782212 is a reply to message #778312] Mon, 23 January 2012 10:56 Go to previous message
Eugene Kondrashev is currently offline Eugene KondrashevFriend
Simplifying the task
I just need list of dependencies enabling droppins folder only.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Eugene
Previous Topic:System Class loader and OSGi
Next Topic:Any way to install bundles for all operating systems from the director
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Oct 27 14:38:09 GMT 2021