Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Window Builder problems(Problem when i try to add a Swing User Interface)
Window Builder problems [message #777175] Tue, 10 January 2012 01:09 Go to next message
Ashaelon P is currently offline Ashaelon PFriend
Hi all -

Let me start off by saying that I have written one Java app in my entire life, and it consisted of displaying "Hello World". Now, I installed the Window Builder plug-in to try to create a GUI app, and when I try to add the Swing User Interface, I am prompted to click "Finish" to install the toolkit. The install stops and displays a window that has "Swing Designer" in a listbox and it is checked. When i click on it, it tells me "Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency". The only option i have is to uncheck it, which only allows me to cancel, or just click cancel. Clicking Next does nothing.

I am using Eclipse SDK 3.7.1, and i installed WB for Indigo 3.7.

Any ideas of how i can fix this problem?

Also, i get a similar error when i try to add the SWT User Interface. The only difference is that it lists the SWT Designer.

TIA
Re: Window Builder problems [message #777491 is a reply to message #777175] Tue, 10 January 2012 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Clevery is currently offline Nick CleveryFriend
Indigo comes with WindowBuilder already and Swing toolkit is installed so don't have to install it.
In your case, did Eclipse provide details for the error?
Re: Window Builder problems [message #777531 is a reply to message #777491] Tue, 10 January 2012 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ashaelon P is currently offline Ashaelon PFriend
No, it did not give any error details.

I think i figured out what happened. I guess i just needed to walk away for the night because i was frustrated. I didnt have WindowBuilder that i know of before i installed it as new software. I fixed it by going back to "Install New Software..." and selecting Swing Designer and SWT Designer for the items to install. I didnt do that before. I only selected to install WindowBuilder Engine.

It appears to be working now. Sorry for the false alarm. Smile Thanks for the reply.
Re: Window Builder problems [message #1120003 is a reply to message #777531] Sun, 29 September 2013 04:22 Go to previous message
sea tony is currently offline sea tonyFriend
i got the same problem what you said,and i uninstall the wb bundle that i installed for a few times ago,and install it again .it's ok.
Previous Topic:Problems with Eclipse download
Next Topic:Which load testing tool is a right tool for load/perf testing on Eclipse Plug-In application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:54:54 GMT 2024