Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Codan and translated gcc
Codan and translated gcc [message #777001] Mon, 09 January 2012 16:29 Go to next message
Harry Houdini is currently offline Harry HoudiniFriend
Hello,

The warning gcc messages are translated in the gcc french version as "attention" message. Codan sees that messages as errors : the lines are underlined in red, the messages in the concole are on a red background, and Codan sends me the following dialog box when I try to debug :

"Errors exist in the active configuration. Proceed with launch ?"

with a checkbox : "Always launch without asking"

But I do want the dialog box for *real* errors.

I guess the Codan's analyzer is based on the the text attached to errors/warning. Maybe it should be based on the messages number (search for example "warning" in the following page : http://translationproject.org/PO-files/fr/gcc-4.5.1.fr.po)
Re: Codan and translated gcc [message #777285 is a reply to message #777001] Tue, 10 January 2012 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
There is a misunderstanding. CODAN does not scan the compiler warnings/errors. This is done by an error parser that is based on regular expressions. And this error parser expects messages in English. I suggested two possible solutions in this thread http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/242590/730673/

(either change your locale so you have output in English or modify the error parser)

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Codan and translated gcc [message #777422 is a reply to message #777285] Tue, 10 January 2012 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I applied your suggestion :

I recommend adding an environment variable in General->Preferences->C/C++->Build->Environment with the name "LC_ALL" and the value "en_GB.UTF-8"
Re: Codan and translated gcc [message #777803 is a reply to message #777422] Wed, 11 January 2012 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
You might also need to set LANGUAGE=en, that affects some messages from system libraries - which gcc can print in the console - which use GNU gettext externalization.

Andrew
Re: Codan and translated gcc [message #778374 is a reply to message #777803] Thu, 12 January 2012 16:16 Go to previous message
And what about the first environment variables described in this page ?
Previous Topic:OPenGL with CDT Macintosh
Next Topic:Unresolved inclusion iostream, later cout could not be resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:14:09 GMT 2024