Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » Integration Testing(Beyond unit testing)
Integration Testing [message #776973] Mon, 09 January 2012 15:53 Go to next message
Olivier Parisy is currently offline Olivier ParisyFriend
Hi,

the documented usage of SWTBot is through a set of unit tests written in JUnit.

It seems to me like nothing in SWTBot design is specifically tied to unit testing, and that it could be used for integration (scenario) testing too.

A testing scenario can be built above unit tests using a functionality such as JExample, but this does not seem like a natural way to use JUnit.

Do you have any experience with building complex testing scenarii using SWTBot? Which framework did you use? I read references to TestNG, but it does not seem compatible with SWTBot for now.

Regards.
Re: Integration Testing [message #780015 is a reply to message #776973] Tue, 17 January 2012 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ketan Padegaonkar is currently offline Ketan PadegaonkarFriend
I've seen SWTBot being used with cucumber and JBehave among a few other frameworks.

There's no reason why SWTBot and TestNG should be incompatible with each other. SWTBot does not care what framework it is run with, and TestNG does not care what test code you write as long as there are a few assertions that help break the tests if something goes wrong.

Could you elaborate more on what you mean by does not seem compatible?

- Ketan
Re: Integration Testing [message #786504 is a reply to message #780015] Mon, 30 January 2012 14:06 Go to previous message
Olivier Parisy is currently offline Olivier ParisyFriend
Well, those links led me to believe that there was an incompatibility:

I thought things were more tied together, and that I could not instanciate a bot outside of a JUnit launcher as an example.

Regards.

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2012 14:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:SWTBot GEF element with compartiment
Next Topic:SWT tests examples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:21:24 GMT 2024