Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » conditionial testing(test should run different according to parameter)
conditionial testing [message #776276] Sun, 08 January 2012 02:15 Go to next message
fan Missing name is currently offline fan Missing nameFriend
Hi

I got a test for a Wizard and its absolutly the same test, just one box, that needs to be checked or left unchecked, and i dont wont to built another test case for that.
So is there a way to built something like an if statement with a parameter ( test case parameter) as condition, so that i can check or uncheck that box?

Re: conditionial testing [message #776740 is a reply to message #776276] Mon, 09 January 2012 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

There are two ways you could do this. Either build a module for the bits that stay the same and reuse it other modules containing just the click on "Next" or "Finish", or also the activation of the checkbox for when you need that, e.g.

Test Case A:
- Enter name
- Enter path

Test Case B:
- Reuses Test Case A
- Click Next

Test Case C:
- Reuses Test Case A
- Activate check box
- Click Next

This way involves more structuring, but is probably more readable and understandable in the long run.

The other way is to add a conditional activation using Event Handlers. There is a forum thread with some general information on Event Handlers here. A thread containing some more specific uses of Event Handlers is here.

The exact example you are looking at is also covered in the cheat sheet on Event Handlers.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: conditionial testing [message #776900 is a reply to message #776276] Mon, 09 January 2012 13:39 Go to previous message
fan Missing name is currently offline fan Missing nameFriend
Thx for the answer.

And you are right. I tried both ways. With the Event Handler you can get everything into on Test Case, but it got very complicated and unreadable and unmaintainable.
Previous Topic:AUTs Agent code
Next Topic:Using the Value "*" in Data Sets isn't possible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 04:18:24 GMT 2024