Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Accessing Eclipse Menu Bar on MacOSX
Accessing Eclipse Menu Bar on MacOSX [message #775865] Fri, 06 January 2012 20:31 Go to next message
Chris Missing name is currently offline Chris Missing nameFriend
There appears to be no way, short of using a keyboard shortcut, to access the Eclipse Menu Bar entry from within Jubula and I am wondering if this is a limitation or a bug. Currently I can access all menus ('File', 'Edit', etc) except the 'Eclipse' menu which is the main menu entry with the quit, about, and preferences entries. I attempted to record a test to get more information about accessing that menu entry, but selecting Eclipse > Preferences did not show any menubar test cases in the recorder. The first entry recorded was a wait for window.

Have you encountered this issue in your in house tests with Jubula/GUIDancer?

[Updated on: Fri, 06 January 2012 22:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Accessing Eclipse Menu Bar on MacOSX [message #776735 is a reply to message #775865] Mon, 09 January 2012 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

This has been noted in a forum post and there is an open bug for it as well.

Regards,
Alex
Re: Accessing Eclipse Menu Bar on MacOSX [message #777052 is a reply to message #776735] Mon, 09 January 2012 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As usual a very helpful reply. Thank you again Alex. I too am feeling this bug as it makes writing multiplatform testsuites difficult (impossible?).
Re: Accessing Eclipse Menu Bar on MacOSX [message #777129 is a reply to message #777052] Mon, 09 January 2012 22:39 Go to previous message
As a work around I am attempting to use the cmd+, shortcut to access the Preferences dialog on MacOS but Jubula is complaining about an invalid parameter. I have used cmd+h without problem but for some reason it doesnt like the comma. I have tried it with single quotes ',' and without as well as escaping it as is necessary on some test cases i.e. "\\,"

Any idea why the keyboard shorcut cmd+h works but cmd+, doesnt?
Previous Topic:selecting a menu bar item on Mac OSX fails
Next Topic:Drag and Drop of Image in PCTool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:26:36 GMT 2024