Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Console and file view errors disagree
Console and file view errors disagree [message #774853] Wed, 04 January 2012 19:30 Go to next message
John Hart is currently offline John HartFriend
This is a working project that I'm porting over from Visual Studio.

The attached screenshot illustrates the issue that I am encountering. When I build the "Document" project via the "Build Project" menu option I get a successful build. But in the editor indicates oodles of errors are reported.

Turning off the Code Analysis setting of "Field cannot be resolved" gets rid of the errors in the editor. I believe the code to be correct because the field is defined within a structure is defined within an include - and it builds and executes properly.

Does this look like a bug in the Code Analysis component?

If so, is my best work around to simply turn off this error in the Code Analysis preferences? Or is there something I can do to clue in the Code Analysis component to properly resolve the field?

In general the "Code Analysis" within the editor is slow (e.g. sometimes it doesn't flag errors in imported source files - and then inexplicably decides to analyze these and report problems after the project is already building)... I can live with this, but it indicates that I might not have it configured properly...
Re: Console and file view errors disagree [message #774857 is a reply to message #774853] Wed, 04 January 2012 19:35 Go to previous message
John Hart is currently offline John HartFriend
Attached is an example of the Code Analysis being lazy... it's flagging errors in commented out code...
Previous Topic:creating a C++ project for an arm processor
Next Topic:Can't start Tomcat6 in Eclipse Java EE IDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:06:44 GMT 2024