Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse auto build(Eclipse automatic build for custom projects (extended the Java Project))
icon5.gif  Eclipse auto build [message #774045] Tue, 03 January 2012 06:51 Go to next message
Syamkumar Cheedela is currently offline Syamkumar CheedelaFriend
In Eclipse while creating the new Java Project (with our own custom wizards) I have associated a new builder to the project. Now the created java project has JavaNature and two builders associated with it.

1. org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder
  2. com.company.project.custombuilder

The .project file contents looks like this.

<buildSpec>
<buildCommand>
        <name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
        <arguments>
        </arguments>
        </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
        <name>org.eclipse.ui.externaltools.ExternalToolBuilder</name>
        <triggers>full,incremental,</triggers>
        <arguments>
            <dictionary>
                <key>LaunchConfigHandle</key>
                <value>&lt;project&gt;/.externalToolBuilders/com.company.project.custombuilder.launch</value>
            </dictionary>
        </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
</buildSpec>
<natures>
    <nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
</natures>

I have to automate the building of this eclipse project. If it is simple Java Project i can export the project as Ant Script and run the corresponding build.xml from ant. Now my question is : What are the different possibilities to automate my custom builder? Any clues will greatly help me.

Thanks in Advance.

[Updated on: Tue, 03 January 2012 06:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse auto build [message #775017 is a reply to message #774045] Thu, 05 January 2012 06:03 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
If I understand your problem correctly, here are couple of ways.
1. Expose your custom builder through an Eclipse command line application - http://wiki.eclipse.org/Adding_a_helloworld_headless_command_(Buckminster) and run this command line application through the ant script.
2. Create a small command line application which will just open the project and call IProject.build().
Previous Topic:Conflict merge in Synchronize window - But Text Compare window is not showing any RED color conflict
Next Topic:Huh? "A class file was not written. The project may be inconsistent, if so try refreshing this
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 20:06:59 GMT 2024