Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Pragmatic source code reuse study(A request for community participation )
Pragmatic source code reuse study [message #773918] Mon, 02 January 2012 21:59
Rylan Cottrell is currently offline Rylan CottrellFriend

Greetings,

I apologize if I have posted this message in the wrong spot. My name is Rylan Cottrell and I am a PhD Candidate in the Laboratory for Software Modification Research at the University of Calgary. I am conducting research on pragmatic source code reuse and I would like to collect Netbeans developer community's thoughts and experiences through a small questionnaire comprised of 10 questions. The questionnaire is anonymous and no personal information will be collected.

Pragmatic source code reuse refers to the reuse of source code that was not designed with reuse in mind, for example copying segments of source code and modifying these to integrate within a target system (also known as copy-and-paste reuse), code scavenging, and ad hoc reuse. Little is known about the perception and practice of reusing source code that was not designed with reuse in mind (known as pragmatic reuse) by software developers in industry. By participating in this study you will benefit by furthering research in software development tools and practises that are designed to assist developers such as yourself.

To participate in the study go here:
http://lsmr.cs.ucalgary.ca/study/pragmatic_reuse/f/index.html

If you have any further questions or want clarification regarding this research and/or your participation, please contact myself, Mr. Rylan Cottrell, Dept. of Computer Science cottrell@cpsc.ucalgary.ca or my supervisor Dr. Robert J. Walker, Dept. of Computer Science, walker@ucalgary.ca

Thank you,
Rylan Cottrell
Previous Topic:EclipseCon 2012 very early registration ends December 31
Next Topic:Eclipse with SAP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:43:40 GMT 2024