Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Object recognition across platforms
Object recognition across platforms [message #772450] Thu, 29 December 2011 20:26 Go to next message
Chris Missing name is currently offline Chris Missing nameFriend
I am encountering an issue in which object recognition clicks the wrong button on MacOS. The Windows version of the test works fine. The context is a normal window with an Ok and Cancel button choice. I remember reading about MacOS's reordering of Ok/Cancel buttons causing functional testers to get the wrong object, but I cant seem to find that reference. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Object recognition across platforms [message #774297 is a reply to message #772450] Tue, 03 January 2012 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Surely this is a common problem. I have been trying to tweak the object recognition weights to find some value that works for all platforms but to no avail. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Object recognition across platforms [message #774638 is a reply to message #774297] Wed, 04 January 2012 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Jubula actually has a mechanism in place to deal with the OK / Cancel button differences across platforms. Have you perhaps deactivated the "Generate Names" option in the AUT definition (as we discussed in this thread)?

If "Generate Names" is active, could you provide some more information about what version of RCP your AUT uses, which Mac system you are using, which architecture etc?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Object recognition across platforms [message #774830 is a reply to message #774638] Wed, 04 January 2012 18:04 Go to previous message
Thank you very much. That was exactly the discussion I was trying to find. I will play with generate names turned on. Thanks again.
Previous Topic:Add multiple sub folder under Test Suites folder
Next Topic:AUTs Agent code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:17:50 GMT 2024