Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Re: MyFaces & Equinox - Issue with FactoryFinder
Re: MyFaces & Equinox - Issue with FactoryFinder [message #88077] Sat, 12 May 2007 16:20 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eugene.goncharov.teamdev.com

Hello.

Could you please send me .war file with your application where you were able to see some MyFaces components worked.
Because I worked on the same issue with OSGi and MyFaces now and have in my browser only all page source text. Till now I don't know why myfaces don't render content in right way, and only render .jsp file content to output.

Thank you.

Eugene Goncharov
Re: MyFaces & Equinox - Issue with FactoryFinder [message #88106 is a reply to message #88077] Mon, 14 May 2007 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: the.dev.ich-will-net.de

Eugene,

My MyFaces test implementation is tied to our application logic including data access to multiple databases. So sending you the war won't be feasible / possible ..

But from what you describe i think, that you've got a problem in the basics of the http service and no issue with myfaces anyway.
It sound's a little bit like the http service doesn't recognize your jsp as a resource to compile & execute..

Have you been able to request the jsp file without the Faces filter? (In this case it should throw a FacesException like 'No FacesContext configured'). Have you been able to use / request basic jsp's / servlets in your application?

Jörg
Re: MyFaces & Equinox - Issue with FactoryFinder [message #88121 is a reply to message #88106] Mon, 14 May 2007 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: eugene.goncharov.teamdev.com

Hello.

I did a lot of progress today. But still have a lot of unanswered questions and exception. I've got NullPointer exception when jasper engine go to start tag function of MyFaces component. Actually it tries to get FacesContext and then get ViewRoot from it. But ViewRoot is null to that moment.

May be you can tell me what source files of MyFaces did you change? And what version of MyFaces did you use? Do you work with Facelets or no? I'm currently work without Facelets, on MyFaces 1.1.4.

Thank you.

Eugene Goncharov
Re: MyFaces & Equinox - Issue with FactoryFinder [message #88213 is a reply to message #88121] Wed, 16 May 2007 11:42 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: the.dev.ich-will-net.de

I changed the javax.faces.FactoryFinder and used a static string instead of the context class loader as key for the map. But since you got a FacesContext, this shouldn't cause your problem. (btw. how did you achieve to get the FacesContext? Have you included the MyFaces lib and your own MyFaces code in the same plugin?)

I'm using MyFaces 1.1.4 without Facelets.

Again i don't think that it's matter of Equinox and i do not know too much about JSF/MyFaces yet to help you with that specific exception (maybe somebody with more knowledge about this can help?), but might it be possible that your JSF jsp is not valid?

I started out with a classic web application, building my test application there (with some dummy backend code) to learn about JSF and verify the validity of it and afterwards migrated that implementation to Eqiunox. But i remember i spend some hours on debugging code, just to find out that i lost a </body> tag..

Jörg
Previous Topic:Service Factory...
Next Topic:COntrolling an osgi server from ant
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:11:43 GMT 2024