Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to index the files which are not under wokspace?
How to index the files which are not under wokspace? [message #770918] Sun, 25 December 2011 20:03 Go to next message
Vasily Lukichev is currently offline Vasily LukichevFriend
Hello,

Could you please help me with one question related to CDT indexing?

I am searching for an article or any tips how to invoke indexing opration in CDT for the code which is outside of Eclipse workspace.

Is it possible at all?

Is there any CDT API to do that, for example to provide external paths?

Thanks in advance,

Vasily.

Re: How to index the files which are not under wokspace? [message #771194 is a reply to message #770918] Mon, 26 December 2011 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Vasily Lukichev wrote on Sun, 25 December 2011 15:03
provide external paths?

Maybe this?

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftasks-45.htm

Regards,
Klaus

Re: How to index the files which are not under wokspace? [message #774409 is a reply to message #771194] Tue, 03 January 2012 21:38 Go to previous message
Vasily Lukichev is currently offline Vasily LukichevFriend
Hello Klaus,

No, it is not exactly what I am looking for. I do not want to link the folder. I do not want to "connect" external folder with the project.

I am mostly interested in the programming API. So, I have a plug-in from which I want to run indexing on a C/C++ files which are not under workspace.

I would like to have this http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_c_indexer.htm
But for the files which are not under workspace.

For example there is a tab for C/C++ project properties:
Description in help: C/C++ Development User Guide > Reference > C/C++ Properties > C/C++ Project properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols page

Eclipse project properties -> C/C++ General -> Paths and Symbols.

But how to add external paths from my plug-in code?

Thanks,
Vasily.
Previous Topic:Adding per path include directives
Next Topic:Alternative build location for built dlls?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 04:02:10 GMT 2024