Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Android Emulator shows oriental characters on text entry - why?(Eclipse SDK Android emulator displays oriental characters)
Android Emulator shows oriental characters on text entry - why? [message #769474] Thu, 22 December 2011 05:35 Go to next message
Harrison Curtis is currently offline Harrison CurtisFriend
I running the first tutorial on Android development, "Learning Android" by Marko Gargenta, and functionally it is working in the emulator. When I click in the Yamba UpdateStatus EditText box the touch screen keyboard shows as you would expect, but the lower left case change key displays oriental characters. The rest of the keys have the expected English/American character set.

I included an image of the emulator just before the space character is pressed after HELP.

index.php/fa/6528/0/

When I type HELP, for example, it shows. However when I hit the space key after it, the HELP is converted to some sequence of oriental characters. I'm assuming some sort of conversion is enabled, but I'm unfamiliar with how it is established. Can someone tell me what to look into?
Re: Android Emulator shows oriental characters on text entry - why? [message #769720 is a reply to message #769474] Thu, 22 December 2011 15:31 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On 12/21/2011 11:35 PM, Harrison Curtis wrote:
> I running the first tutorial on Android development, "Learning Android" by Marko Gargenta, and functionally it is working in the emulator. When I click in the Yamba UpdateStatus EditText box the touch screen keyboard shows as you would expect, but the lower left case change key displays oriental characters. The rest of the keys have the expected English/American character set.
>
> I included an image of the emulator just before the space character is pressed after HELP.
>
>
>
> When I type HELP, for example, it shows. However when I hit the space key after it, the HELP is converted to some sequence of oriental characters. I'm assuming some sort of conversion is enabled, but I'm unfamiliar with how it is established. Can someone tell me what to look into?
This forum is for the Eclipse CDT tools. It has nothing to do with
Android. In fact, non of the Eclipse forums provide Android support.
Android is a product provided by and supported by Google. You should
take your Android questions to their support forums.
Previous Topic:Inline editing option in Disassembly View
Next Topic:builder discovery paths and symbols
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:08:35 GMT 2024