Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Dealing with timing issues
Dealing with timing issues [message #769062] Wed, 21 December 2011 10:32 Go to next message
Andreas Scharf is currently offline Andreas ScharfFriend
Hi,

I have a question concerning timing issues. Let's say I have a dialog (e.g. the 'Open Type' Dialog in Eclipse) which needs some time to get up - and this time varies. Is it correct to use error handlers for that and do something like "If the dialogs contents (e.g. a type to search for in the 'Open Type' dialog) is not valid -> wait 1 second and reentry"? Or is there some Jubula functionality for these special cases?

Best regards (and nice christmas days b.t.w),
Andreas
Re: Dealing with timing issues [message #769064 is a reply to message #769062] Wed, 21 December 2011 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oliver Goetz is currently offline Oliver GoetzFriend
Hi Andreas,

you can try using wait for window and set the time you want Jubula to wait for a window to appear to a high count if you are not sure when the window appears. Another possible solution would be to set event handlers as you described.
Regards and nice christmas
Oliver
Re: Dealing with timing issues [message #769073 is a reply to message #769064] Wed, 21 December 2011 10:52 Go to previous message
Andreas Scharf is currently offline Andreas ScharfFriend
Hi Oliver,

thanks for verification. In my use case I need to wait for an entry in the 'Open Type' dialog (which depends on the completion of the indexing process). Since this could take from 1 sec (or almost instantly) up to an unknown time, I need a mechanism to wait.

Good to know that I'm already doing it in the right way.

Best regards,
Andreas
Previous Topic:assignment of the technical name is invalid
Next Topic:Drag&drop tests don't work on MacOS X
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 00:53:43 GMT 2024