Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Part of Selection table binding problem(Result is appending to target table rather than replacing.)
Part of Selection table binding problem [message #766137] Thu, 15 December 2011 09:11 Go to next message
Mark .Friend
Hi all,

I have set up two tables that are linked much the same as the phone book windowsbuilder example.

However, in my program when I click the source table the target table is populated as expected...the first time. If I select another row in the source table the rows I expect to see in the target table are appended. This means the table grows indefinitely! If I selected the same source row twice nothing happens, i.e., it doesn't append the same results to the target table again. It only happens when I selected a different row. Note, I can go back to the previous source row and it will append again.

I am restricted to SDK 3.5.2 due to the target OS being SLES9 and having out-dated GTK libs. This means the databinding libs are 1.2.0 and 1.3.1. Not sure if this is the root of the problem.

On a side note, I also have to update the table manual when the model is changed externally (the table actually has no ability to change the model, it's for display only). I do this successfully in other software that uses newer eclipse SDK's (3.6 upwards) so I guessed that was the databinding libs i'm restricted to on SLES9.

I've not put any code in as I think it may be a version problem or something that an expert will recognise straight away. If not, I can post more later.

Thanks!
Re: Part of Selection table binding problem [message #766311 is a reply to message #766137] Thu, 15 December 2011 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Questions about the Eclipse Data Binding framework should be posted to the Eclipse JFace forum. This forum is for WB-specific questions and issues. If you discover a problem with WB's support for the DB framework (e.g., we are generating incorrect code for some case), that would be an appropriate topic for this forum (or Bugzilla which would be even better).

In general, you should always post a complete test case that illustrates the exact problem you are having.
Re: Part of Selection table binding problem [message #766314 is a reply to message #766311] Thu, 15 December 2011 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark .Friend
Ah, ok. I used WindowBuilder to create the binding so I assumed it was a good place to start. I'll take the thread elsewhere.
Re: Part of Selection table binding problem [message #766322 is a reply to message #766314] Thu, 15 December 2011 14:55 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
If there is a problem with the generated binding code, we would be happy to look at it. None of the WB committers are Eclipse DB experts, however, and none of us have more than minimal experience using it. To the extent that their are DB experts in the Eclipse community, you would find them in the JFace forum (which specifically lists the DB framework as one of its main topics).

Again, I would suggest posting a complete (and ideally minimal) test case.
Previous Topic:WindowBuilder Design Mode changes parent when moving objects
Next Topic:There are no css files referenced from module or HTML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:42:36 GMT 2024