Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » M2M (model-to-model transformation) » [ATL] The purpose of Injector and Extractor?
icon5.gif  [ATL] The purpose of Injector and Extractor? [message #766100] Thu, 15 December 2011 08:28
quincy.tw is currently offline quincy.twFriend
Hi all ATL pioneers,

I'm a newbie to the EMF and I have some questions about the purpose of injector and extractor...

As to my knowledge to the injector and extractor, they are classes that transform xmi files to a model (injector) and a model to xmi (extractor)? Are they correct? Or they are designed to convert a meta-model to another meta-model? Or they are not designed to do such things?

Also, I am confused about the injector method:

public void inject(IModel targetModel, String strSource)

I traced the code that when I run an ATL transform, the transform actually run inject 3 times -- At the first time, strSource is my IN ecore path, and second time, strSource is my IN xmi file, and third time, strSource is my OUT ecore path... (The code that I traced is EMFInjector)

So that I'm confused about the purpose of this inject method... could anyone please help explaining me about this? Or pointing out a clear document location to read?

Thank you in advance.
Previous Topic:[ATL] calling a lazy rule with arguments
Next Topic:[ATL] Reading XML Value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:29:50 GMT 2024