Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Indigo: Unable to find 'Package Presentation' option in 'Project Explorer'(Trying to remove folder hierarchy and display flat files)
Indigo: Unable to find 'Package Presentation' option in 'Project Explorer' [message #765776] Wed, 14 December 2011 16:59 Go to next message
Jusctsch  is currently offline Jusctsch Friend
Hello all,
Following these instructions here,

http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2Freference%2Fref-27.htm

I click on the upside-down triangle in the Project Explorer, to select the package presentation option

Top Level Elements
Select Working Set
Deselect Working Set
Edit Active Working Set
Package Presentation
Customize View
Link with Editor
Focus on Active Task

But no 'Package Presentation'.

Is it not supported in the CDT? Regardless, is there a better way to display the flat files for my project using a different display tool, rather than the Project Explorer?

Any thoughts?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 December 2011 17:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Indigo: Unable to find 'Package Presentation' option in 'Project Explorer' [message #766411 is a reply to message #765776] Thu, 15 December 2011 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Gvozdev is currently offline Andrew GvozdevFriend
One option is to mark folders as "Source folders". Such folders are displayed in package-like presentation directly under project node in Project Explorer. You can do that in folder properties->Paths and Symbols->Source Location.

Andrew
Re: Indigo: Unable to find 'Package Presentation' option in 'Project Explorer' [message #766525 is a reply to message #766411] Thu, 15 December 2011 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like that allows for a maximum two levels of hierarchy, but it doesn't actually group all files in the same bucket.
I would like to have all the files flat, then click on one of those files and start typing the name of the next file I want to look at it will then select that file and I can easily open it. Currently, it will highlight the specified file, but only if it is in the same directory level as the file I clicked on when I started typing.
I'm not really a fan of directory hierarchy when I'm actually dealing with code- even projects with thousands of files.
Re: Indigo: Unable to find 'Package Presentation' option in 'Project Explorer' [message #766927 is a reply to message #766525] Fri, 16 December 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Jusctsch wrote on Thu, 15 December 2011 18:35

I would like to have all the files flat, then click on one of those files and start typing the name of the next file I want to look at it will then select that file and I can easily open it.

A other option is:

Navigate -> Open Resource... and then type the file name.

Or use the short cut key: Ctrl + Shift + R

Regards,
Klaus

Re: Indigo: Unable to find 'Package Presentation' option in 'Project Explorer' [message #768066 is a reply to message #766927] Mon, 19 December 2011 14:10 Go to previous message
Thanks Klaus, that's what I'm looking for!
Previous Topic:Auto-Refresh Output File in Eclipse Indigo C/C++
Next Topic:How to clean workspace paths?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 09:13:12 GMT 2024