Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Question on running Tests against multiple AUT's
Question on running Tests against multiple AUT's [message #765360] Tue, 13 December 2011 22:47 Go to next message
Carl Bader is currently offline Carl BaderFriend
I am trying to setup a Test Environment for a Eclipse Plug-in application and Jubula looks like the best way to accomplish it.

I have eight different operating systems I need to test my eclipse plug-in application against. I will be running these tests to verify acceptance on four Windows and four Linux server versions.

Can I run my tests against them at the same time from one Jubula installation, or do I need to have a separate Jubula installation for each OS and use a common database to house the tests to call?

If it is possible is there some way to configure the AUT agent port on the remote system so I can configure these ports on the Jubula server. I see where I can change the port number when setting up the preferences for AUT Agent but don't see how to configure the port on the remote servers AUT agent. It just can be started and stopped. I looked around for a configuration file but didn't come across anythin familiar.

I have looked through the documentation but it doesn't call that out specifically. In the webcast I was able to find and watch it makes it sound like this is possible.
Re: Question on running Tests against multiple AUT's [message #765481 is a reply to message #765360] Wed, 14 December 2011 06:53 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

Running tests at the same time would indeed require that you had an installation of Jubula to run each test. The Test Executor is the tool responsible for test execution.

The parameters to set ports for the AUT Agent are described here.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Central test data set vs external excel data
Next Topic:Problem with context menu froma swt tree
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:03:07 GMT 2024