Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » EGit + CDT + mingw: Binary not found
EGit + CDT + mingw: Binary not found [message #764366] Mon, 12 December 2011 03:11 Go to next message
Jon Rosen is currently offline Jon RosenFriend
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but my system is Windows 7 with MinGW and EGit. I've cloned my project from GitHub via EGit and setup the project properties to find the appropriate libraries I'm using etc, etc... Things with MinGW seem to be setup just fine, as the program builds and links without complaint (although cleaning the project doesn't work, for some reason). In any case, I was having a problem running the binary so I cleared the build configuration and created a new one, but when doing so (and selecting my project) the binary cannot be found in the C++ Application->Search Project. If I select 'Browse' and search my file system, I can find the binary in the Debug directory, but there's an error message: "Program is not a recognized executable."

As this is a git project, the program is in a separate directory from the workspace in my filesystem (although that wasn't a problem with building the program). Any thoughts as to why the binary isn't recognized (or why Eclipse can't find it be default?)
Re: EGit + CDT + mingw: Binary not found [message #764523 is a reply to message #764366] Mon, 12 December 2011 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Check Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings if the binary parser for "PE Windows" is enabled.

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: EGit + CDT + mingw: Binary not found [message #764547 is a reply to message #764523] Mon, 12 December 2011 12:14 Go to previous message
Jon Rosen is currently offline Jon RosenFriend
That did the trick, thanks!
Previous Topic:how to delete the define symbol _cplusplus in c project
Next Topic:Exclude files from Static Code Analysis (Codan)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:11:52 GMT 2024