Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Problem Using Parentheses in Regular Expression TEXTPATH
Problem Using Parentheses in Regular Expression TEXTPATH [message #763177] Fri, 09 December 2011 09:49 Go to next message
Nack Gritt is currently offline Nack GrittFriend
When I use parentheses in the TEXTPATH field when I try to select a node in a tree I always get an error saying that Jubula can't understand my regular expression inputs.

I don't know if my expressions are wrong or it is something else so, here is the scenario:

I try to select a tree node which I know the name but don't know how deep it is in the tree as in the figure.

index.php/fa/6397/0/

I use the ub_tre_selectNode_byTextpath module from the unbound modules package which in the TEXTPATH parameter, I 've tried many input expression, including "(a/)*b.*" and "(.*/)*b.*" which got these similar error repectively:

For (a/)*b.*
index.php/fa/6399/0/

For (.*/)*b.*
index.php/fa/6398/0/
  • Attachment: error1.png
    (Size: 2.22KB, Downloaded 379 times)
  • Attachment: tree.png
    (Size: 1.58KB, Downloaded 381 times)
  • Attachment: error2.png
    (Size: 2.45KB, Downloaded 358 times)
Re: Problem Using Parentheses in Regular Expression TEXTPATH [message #763194 is a reply to message #763177] Fri, 09 December 2011 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

At the moment, it's not possible to select a node if you don't know its depth. You could open an enhancement for such a feature, or write an extension for the action (or even both, and add the extension as a patch Wink ).

If you are interested in looking at the extension route, the thread here (especially the blog link in the last post) might be useful.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Problem Using Parentheses in Regular Expression TEXTPATH [message #764885 is a reply to message #763194] Tue, 13 December 2011 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nack Gritt is currently offline Nack GrittFriend
Thank you.
Beside this case, does Jubula accept parentheses for TEXTPATH input?

Best regards,
Nack
Re: Problem Using Parentheses in Regular Expression TEXTPATH [message #765607 is a reply to message #764885] Wed, 14 December 2011 11:25 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

If your path itself contains parentheses, you should be able to enter them as a part of the path, yes. If you are using the operator "matches", then you will have to escape them, as the parentheses will otherwise be understood as a part of a reg ex.

HTH,
Alex
Previous Topic:Exporting projects fails
Next Topic:Project deletion is not completed with command line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:48:11 GMT 2024