Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ?
Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ? [message #763166] Fri, 09 December 2011 09:39 Go to next message
Harry Houdini is currently offline Harry HoudiniFriend
Hello,

What is what I do with EGit :

1. I clone with EGit a git remote depositery
2. As it is a C++ project, I run CMake to do a makefile project
3. I import the project in the C++ perspective as a makefile project
4. In the Project explorer, I do Team/Share project/Git
5. I select the .git in my clone's directory; Working directory is automatically set, I leave "Path within repository" blank, and I check the only choice in the list at the bottom of the window

All the files wich come from the depository are then tagged with the question mark decorator.

Are not they supposed to be tracked ?

The files which were generated by CMake after cloning have no decorator.

When I do "git status" on the command lines", all the "question marked" files are tagged as deleted, but not staged for commit.

It seems I don't understand some basis.

Thanks for help.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2011 09:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ? [message #763178 is a reply to message #763166] Fri, 09 December 2011 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems that when sharing the project, EGit doesn't like when a project name is different of the directory name.
I didn't change the default project name when importing the C++ project, and it is now OK.
Re: Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ? [message #763297 is a reply to message #763178] Fri, 09 December 2011 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
Try this instead:

1. In the Git Repository Exploring perspective, clone the repo, and in the third 'page' of Clone Git Repository dialog, where you enter the directory for the clone, check the box that says "Import all existing projects after clone finishes". Use the "Next" button to advance pages.

That's it -- no need to do anything else for Git configuration.

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2011 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ? [message #763355 is a reply to message #763297] Fri, 09 December 2011 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only checkboxs I can view during the cloning process are :

- "Store in Secure Store" (first screen)
- branches (second screen)
- configure push to Gerrit Code Review (fourth screen)
Re: Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ? [message #763375 is a reply to message #763355] Fri, 09 December 2011 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
The boxes you mention are on the first page of the dialog. The checkbox of interest is on the third page (I was off by one in my earlier description). The second page lets you choose which branches to clone, the third page lets you select the location for the clone, import projects, and manage working sets. Use the "Next" button to advance pages.

Re: Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ? [message #763530 is a reply to message #763375] Fri, 09 December 2011 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dariusz Luksza is currently offline Dariusz LukszaFriend

The "Import all existing projects after clone finishes" option was recently added into EGit 1.2-SNAPSHOT and currently it is only available in nightly builds. Of course it will be included in upcoming 1.2 release. So Oodini you need to check with version of EGit you are currently using to be able to use this option Wink
Re: Clone, share... and next, question marks decorators ? [message #768031 is a reply to message #763166] Mon, 19 December 2011 13:02 Go to previous message
I don't think this new feature will be useful for me, because I have to run CMake before importing my project in CDT.
Previous Topic:Git Repositories View is empty
Next Topic:Commit takes too long time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:31:27 GMT 2024