Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » plugin comprehensive access to plugin project files without installing all of them
plugin comprehensive access to plugin project files without installing all of them [message #759855] Wed, 30 November 2011 10:34
nicolas.luenzer is currently offline nicolas.luenzerFriend
Hi,

I've got a couple of plug-in projects in my workspace. One of these projects exists just to store some xml files in it. Certainly this project is no java project (so it doesn't have a src folder).
So I can't use the classpath

Currently, out of one of the plug-in projects, I access this xml file using the path to the xml file in the created plug-in folder after installing the feature(including all plug-ins). that works very well. But now, I want to get rid of the condition that I have to install the plugin before being able to reach this folder/xml file because it's not there if I don't install everything.

Does somebody know how to reach this file at runtime (if i run the application using run as -> eclipse application)? I guess there is a similar way how the used buttons could be reached.

If I run the application using the run-as-eclipse option eclipse creates an own workspace for it. But I can't know the workspace name where the project is currently stored( I know it, but it at an other pc it could be an other name). There have to be an other programmatically way to reach this folder an get access to this xml files, without using the path trough the filesystem and without installing everything before then.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Nicolas

Previous Topic:content assistance for xhtml pages
Next Topic:DIsable TAB switching between components
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:24:17 GMT 2024