Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » plug-in and IDE error, my acceleo UI launcher is not invoking all modules(my plug-in is not working correctly)
plug-in and IDE error, my acceleo UI launcher is not invoking all modules [message #759253] Mon, 28 November 2011 05:26 Go to next message
AHOT Mising name is currently offline AHOT Mising nameFriend
I'm new to m2t. i just used acceleo 3 for my project after reading the user guide. I have two problems:

1. my eclipse IDE crashes every now and then complaining of of heap memory error, I have used several combination of values for my XXMaxPermSize, Xms and Xmx in the eclipse.ini file based on the recommendations I got online but to no avail. I don't think is due to the configuration of my laptop because it has 2GB RAM; infact other eclipse IDE's I have used don't crash like that.

2. My Acceleo project is composed of two templates without the [comment @main /] expression and a main module that invokes these two templates one after the other. if I launch the main module from the package explorer, it generates the expected number of java classes from a GMF model. however when I created an Acceleo UI launcher and exported the plug-in, it gives me the expected item in the context menu but the generated java classes are never complete. from the results I get, it appears to me that only the first template invoked in the main module is being executed.

I need an urgent solutions to these problems as I will be presenting the project early this week and will have to do a demo to the panel. it is too late for me to start migrating the project to acceleo 2.6

Thank you all.
Re: plug-in and IDE error, my acceleo UI launcher is not invoking all modules [message #759270 is a reply to message #759253] Mon, 28 November 2011 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

1- You could try something like this:
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
600m
-vmargs
-Xms256m
-Xmx400m

2- Do you have any error message in the error log view during the generation?

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau & @acceleo
Google+: stephane.begaudeau & acceleo
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Re: plug-in and IDE error, my acceleo UI launcher is not invoking all modules [message #759288 is a reply to message #759270] Mon, 28 November 2011 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AHOT Mising name is currently offline AHOT Mising nameFriend
Thanks Stephane,
I'll try those recomended values again.
for the plugin, I'm not getting any error. my main module is as shown below;
neither of the two imported templates has its local [comment @main/]. (Please note that the templates are in separate modules)
When I launch this main module directly from package explorer, I get reaults from the two imported templates i.e Atomic and Coupled.
Then I created a UI launcher and exported the plug-in which I copied into the plugin folder of my eclipse installation. I got the desired item in the context menu but when I launch it, I get the result of the first template (i.e Atomic) alone.
Thank you for taking your time to look at it.

[comment encoding = UTF-8 /]
[module MyDSL_codeGen('http://mydsl/1.0')/]
[import org::eclipse::mydsl::codeGen::files::Atomic/]
[import org::eclipse::mydsl::codeGen::files::Coupled/]

[template public MyDSL_codeGenAtomic_Model(aAtomic_Model : Atomic_Model)]

[comment @main /]
	[aAtomic_Model.Atomic()/]

[/template]
[template public MyDSL_codeGenCoupled_Model(aCoupled_Model : Coupled_Model)]

[comment @main /]
	[aCoupled_Model.Coupled()/]

[/template]

Re: plug-in and IDE error, my acceleo UI launcher is not invoking all modules [message #760084 is a reply to message #759288] Thu, 01 December 2011 09:13 Go to previous message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

If you want to build and deploy your Acceleo generator, I recommend you to use the maven based solution described here. This solution will create an update site for your Acceleo generator and its UI plugin that you can use to deliver your generator to your end users.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau & @acceleo
Google+: stephane.begaudeau & acceleo
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com
Acceleo Documentation: http://docs.obeonetwork.com/acceleo
Previous Topic:[xtend] typeSelect()
Next Topic:load profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:23:17 GMT 2024