Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » PlannerField(Ge started with the planner field)
PlannerField [message #759129] Sat, 26 November 2011 16:18 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Does anybody have an example on how to get started with the PlannerField (AbstractPlannerField). I only get a yellow rectangle on my form.
Re: PlannerField [message #759134 is a reply to message #759129] Sat, 26 November 2011 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
A yellow rectangle is a placeholder reprensation of a field, when there isn't any renderer for the field in the ui plug-in.

Here an example for the SVG field:
* your client plug-in (<your app>.client) has a dependency on org.eclipse.scout.svg.client
* your swing plug-in (<your app>.ui.swing) has a dependency on org.eclipse.scout.svg.ui.swing (and other)
* your swt plug-in (<your app>.ui.swt) has a dependency on org.eclipse.scout.svg.ui.swt (and other)

If you do not add the dependency in the swt application, you get the same yellow rectangle.

That said, back to your case. I do not know where is the rendering code for the PlannerField.
which ui are you using ?

[Updated on: Tue, 29 November 2011 14:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PlannerField [message #759166 is a reply to message #759134] Sun, 27 November 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am working with the SWT client. Note that I am on version Eclispe Scout Indigo Service Release 1.
Re: PlannerField [message #759399 is a reply to message #759166] Mon, 28 November 2011 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Otmar Caduff is currently offline Otmar CaduffFriend
The planner field is not an SVG field, hence it has no dependency on that set of plug-ins.
The problem you are facing is that the planner field is currently only implemented for the swing environment, not for the SWT environment. If you need it, report a bug to the scout project so the developers are aware of that need and it might be considered in a future release.
I will try to write a short entry in the scout wiki describing how to use the planner field in the next few days.
Re: PlannerField [message #759569 is a reply to message #759399] Tue, 29 November 2011 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tested with the swing client and indeed I get a Planner field there.

I was on ECE2011 conference and got a demo on the Planner field at the BSI boot. What I saw there I think was the SWT client with a planner field. They showed me how to add activities to the planner field and told me the planner field was in the open source.

Maybe there was some miscommunication but as far as I understood the planner field is already in the Indigo release and because I was only interested in the STW client I thought it was available in the SWT client.

Can anyone from BSI confirm on this, and if the planner field it is not available yet in the SWT client, tell me if there are plans to make it available in the Juno release.

Regards Bertin
Re: PlannerField [message #759603 is a reply to message #759569] Tue, 29 November 2011 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Unfortunately the PlannerField is not implemented for SWT so far and is also not planned for the next release. Sponsor required Wink

At ECE 2011 I showed the ClalendarField in SWT and the planner field in Swing.

Sorry for having no better news.
-Andreas
Re: PlannerField [message #759627 is a reply to message #759603] Tue, 29 November 2011 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick response.

I have no idea how to start such a component yet. Sad If I have anything that is worth looking at, I will let you know.

Regards Bertin
Re: PlannerField [message #761959 is a reply to message #759603] Wed, 07 December 2011 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As a test I created a planner component in SWT. It is limited in functionality yet but works for us.

It is only a weekplan. Shows the days above the planner and the time at the left side. You can add activities to it with a startdate and enddate.
It will draw these activities on the correct day and time, and it is scrollable.

I can just develop it for ourself but maybe, maybe, maybe I can adjust it for general purpose.

Therefore I need some requirement what functionality it needs to support. Are there any requirements available for this.

Re: PlannerField [message #762510 is a reply to message #761959] Thu, 08 December 2011 08:10 Go to previous message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
Why don't you open a bug and attach your implementation as a patch proposal? It might be easier to discuss the next steps from there.
Previous Topic:deploying to server
Next Topic:File handling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 16:06:39 GMT 2024