Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need Help on How to Access Information of a Eclipse Plugin Programatically
icon4.gif  Need Help on How to Access Information of a Eclipse Plugin Programatically [message #758886] Fri, 25 November 2011 03:29 Go to next message
ankitpatel5 is currently offline ankitpatel5Friend
Hi,

I am new but I will do my best to explain the problem I am having... hope someone can help a newbie out!

I am running Eclipse which has a plugin that some1 built and what it basically does is gives you list of auto-completed code suggestions (via the pop-up when user presses CTRL+SPACE). It is just like how Eclipse usually does it but this plugin helps auto-complete blocks of code rather than just one line of code. (See attachment of a screenshot of the plugin in use)

Now, I am trying to use the Google Web Toolkit to basically make a HTML "search engine" where the user inputs incomplete code in a HTML webpage and basically I want to take the user input and force a "ctrl+space" event on the plug-in and get the list of auto-complete suggestions and display them back onto the HTML webpage... all by coding.

I need help figuring out how to make the communication with the plugin and get the list of auto-complete suggestions.

Again I am new so please be specific.. thank you in advance:)

~ Your fellow Eclipser
  • Attachment: SS1.png
    (Size: 195.19KB, Downloaded 81 times)
Re: Need Help on How to Access Information of a Eclipse Plugin Programatically [message #760021 is a reply to message #758886] Thu, 01 December 2011 00:09 Go to previous message
ankitpatel5 is currently offline ankitpatel5Friend
Any1 have any idea?
Previous Topic:Jars in EAR not Showing
Next Topic:Eclipse preference changes by code itself
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:37:59 GMT 2024