Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dynamic Languages Toolkit (DLTK) » Interface usage in DBGP debugger(Interface and concrete classes are mixed at some places)
Interface usage in DBGP debugger [message #757520] Fri, 18 November 2011 18:12
Julien Desgats is currently offline Julien DesgatsFriend
I had to made some custom stuff on thread handling due to custom extensions on DBGP protocol and I faced some problems.

DLTK provides interfaces for most internal classes so I could implement a part of the debug model. The problem is at some places in implementation (and even sometimes in interfaces) the code references concrete classes and not interfaces. In my case it resulted into large portions of duplicate code or ugly hacks because I could not provide instances for DLTK internal classes.

For instance IScriptStack.getThread must return a ScriptThread and not a IScriptThread, DBGPSourceModule constructor takes a ScriptStackFrame parameter instead of IScriptStackFrame, ScriptVariable casts a IScriptThread to a ScriptThread (in clearEvaluationManagerCache).

Is these spots (the previous examples are not exhaustive) are really necessary or migrating to interfaces is a work in progress ? (in the latter case, I could provide some patches)
Previous Topic:Java-Content-Assist inside jruby-script possible?
Next Topic:Rename model elements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:30:56 GMT 2024