Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » How to tell Eclipse where my libraries / includes are
How to tell Eclipse where my libraries / includes are [message #757479] Fri, 18 November 2011 15:20 Go to next message
Michael Beatty is currently offline Michael BeattyFriend
I have been running my projects through a linux shell using GVIM and compiling using gcc/g++. I have Makefiles created to link my programs to the appropriate includes/libraries. I've decided to make the move to Eclipse as I have used it at previous job, albeit much older versions and already configured.

I have eclipse installed and working just fine, however, I ran into a roadblock with my Makefiles. After a day long struggle to figure out why Eclipse was failing to include my libs/incs, I found out that I was importing my existing project as a C project and not as a Makefile project... this was causing Eclipse to ignore my Makefile and creating its own. I resolved that by importing the project as a new "Makefile Project" and using my own Makefile.

However, this brings up a new question. What if I had started this project from scratch on Eclipse? How would I have told Eclipse where by libs/incs were located? Can this be done somewhere through Eclipse, or do I always have to create a Makefile for each of my projects... I would think this would be something automated by Eclipse?
Re: How to tell Eclipse where my libraries / includes are [message #757713 is a reply to message #757479] Mon, 21 November 2011 10:37 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Fcdt_o_build_task.htm

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Executing C programs
Next Topic:Improve Console for external builder
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Sep 21 20:28:29 GMT 2024