Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring
Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #757399] Fri, 18 November 2011 09:17 Go to next message
rjarana Missing name is currently offline rjarana Missing nameFriend
Hello

I'm starting with XText and I'm a bit lost. I want to create an initializer for fields with a default value and generate body for methods with "default code". How can I archived this?

I found that an initializer can be assigned to JvmField with "initilalization()", but I don't now how to create the parameter "strategy" that is of type Function1<ImportManager, ? extends CharSequence>.

Thanks!
Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #757534 is a reply to message #757399] Fri, 18 November 2011 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max Goltzsche is currently offline Max GoltzscheFriend
Hey,

I am also new to Xtext but it seems to be a closure, an inline function. At that point, you should be able to implement Function1<ImportManager, ? extends CharSequence> by writing
[importMngr, str | doYourInitializationThing(importMngr, str)]

regards,
Max
Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #757537 is a reply to message #757534] Fri, 18 November 2011 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
No,

it is actually (in a dummy case hardcoded)

[im|'''1.0''']

you may have a look at org.eclipse.xtext.xtend2.jvmmodel.Xtend2JvmModelInferrer.transform(XtendFunction, JvmGenericType)

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de

[Updated on: Fri, 18 November 2011 19:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #757540 is a reply to message #757537] Fri, 18 November 2011 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
And here a example with a real dynamic expression

val field = f.toField(f.name, f.type)
field.initialization([im|{val x = new StringBuilderBasedAppendable(im)
xbaseCompiler.toJavaExpression(f.initExpression,x)
'''«x.toString»'''
}])

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #757655 is a reply to message #757540] Mon, 21 November 2011 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rjarana Missing name is currently offline rjarana Missing nameFriend
It works fantastic, thank you guys!
Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #936593 is a reply to message #757655] Mon, 08 October 2012 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexey Romanov is currently offline Alexey RomanovFriend
By Xtext 2.3.1 things have changed a bit. In case it's useful to somebody:
toField(name, type) [
  val Procedure1<ITreeAppendable> proc = [append('''new java.util.BitSet(«dataDef.fields.size»)''')]
  initializer = proc
]
Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #936595 is a reply to message #757655] Mon, 08 October 2012 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By Xtext 2.3.1 things have changed a bit. In case it's useful to somebody:
toField(name, type) [
  val Procedure1<ITreeAppendable> proc = [append('''new java.util.BitSet(«dataDef.fields.size»)''')]
  initializer = proc
]
Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #936599 is a reply to message #936595] Mon, 08 October 2012 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way, could I do anything if I wanted to add BitSet to imports and write simply "new BitSet"?
Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #937670 is a reply to message #936599] Tue, 09 October 2012 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Degenne is currently offline Pascal DegenneFriend
Hi,

I have been experimenting similar things recently.
Just a hint from what I understood : I guess you could at least generate the import statement using an injected TypeReferenceSerializer. The serialize() method appends the type name to the TreeAppendable but also deals with the import manager if needed.

I mean something like the following :

@Inject extension TypeReferenceSerializer

f.toField(name, type) [
  val Procedure1<ITreeAppendable> proc = [
     append('''new ''')
     newTypeRef('java.util.BitSet').serialize(f,it)
     append('''(«dataDef.fields.size»)''')
    ]
  initializer = proc
]

Regards,
Pascal

[Updated on: Tue, 09 October 2012 13:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Generation of field initializers and methods body at JVM Inferring [message #937699 is a reply to message #937670] Tue, 09 October 2012 07:30 Go to previous message
I see, thanks!
Previous Topic:Adding Perspective to Xtext
Next Topic:Provide model at runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:16:33 GMT 2024