Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Using WOlips and generated files not appearing in Sources Folder(WebObjects EOGenerator creates a folder in package, but folder is not visible)
Using WOlips and generated files not appearing in Sources Folder [message #757392] Fri, 18 November 2011 08:29 Go to next message
Kevin  is currently offline Kevin Friend
Eclipse 3.7.1, Mac os X 10.6.8, WebObjects 5.4.3 WOlips perspective

I am new to eclipse and to webobjects. I create a new project with a source package path. In eclipse when I am in my project and I view Sources in the Explorer window I see the two packages I made:

com.projects.myprojects.newproject
com.projects.myprojects.newproject.components

When eclipse generates the java files for the EOModel, it adds a folder "eo" to the existing package path. The new package structure looks like:

com.projects.myprojects.newproject
com.projects.myprojects.newproject.components
com.projects.myprojects.newproject.eo

At least, that's how it SHOULD LOOK. Eclipse creates the eo folder and places the java files in it. I can see the eo folder and the java files in the mac os finder. The problem is that the eo folder (and files) don't appear in the Sources folder in eclipse explorer. They don't even show up in Navigator, but the files are most definitely there.

I even unchecked all the filters so eclipse would show everything. No luck.

Any ideas why eclipse might not be showing the files?

Thanks.
Re: Using WOlips and generated files not appearing in Sources Folder [message #757553 is a reply to message #757392] Fri, 18 November 2011 22:38 Go to previous message
Kevin  is currently offline Kevin Friend
Per an old bug report: bug id=83407 (I can't post the link) someone else had a similar problem at one time. They solved it by adding an "includes" to their build path > Sources tab in properties. I did the same thing but it did not fix it. As a wild guess, I created a new workspace on a external hard drive and imported the project into that work space. Voila, the sources are now visible in the package path I added to the build path for Sources. Don't know why it worked, but it seems to be working now. At least, I can see all the packages in Sources.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Not Responding when testing Database Connection
Next Topic:Installing Swing Designer, SWT Designer on Indigo -- JDK 1.7.0, Ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:30:52 GMT 2024