Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » TENEO EAV (Entity-attribute-value model ) Problem
TENEO EAV (Entity-attribute-value model ) Problem [message #756541] Mon, 14 November 2011 09:19 Go to next message
Jean-Louis  is currently offline Jean-Louis Friend
Hi,

I'm trying to use EAV to working with Teneo, i have tried to following this tutorial:
wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Hibernate/ModelRelational/Entity_Attribute_Value_Mapping

What i can see in database is just a table with the name of my EAV class and a columm dType=eavData.
I have put the tag @EAVMapping in the class that i want in a EAV structure (using ecorediag and i have put like a normal JPA annotation).

It's normal?

I'm asking because i was expecting something like "In this mapping all the data is stored in just two tables (the object and its values). " and i can see just one table.

Many thanks in advance
Re: TENEO EAV (Entity-attribute-value model ) Problem [message #756566 is a reply to message #756541] Mon, 14 November 2011 11:08 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Jean-Louis,
I expect more tables for the values. Probably hibernate was not able to create all tables because of a database/syntax
error in the sql create script. Hibernate will log this in the beginning of the process but will continue even if there
are errors there. Can you check the output/console/log in the beginning for errors?

gr. Martin

On 11/14/2011 10:19 AM, Jean-Louis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use EAV to working with Teneo, i have tried to following this tutorial:
> wiki.eclipse.org/Teneo/Hibernate/ModelRelational/Entity_Attribute_Value_Mapping
>
> What i can see in database is just a table with the name of my EAV class and a columm dType=eavData.
> I have put the tag @EAVMapping in the class that i want in a EAV structure (using ecorediag and i have put like a normal
> JPA annotation).
>
> It's normal?
>
> I'm asking because i was expecting something like "In this mapping all the data is stored in just two tables (the object
> and its values). " and i can see just one table.
>
> Many thanks in advance

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org