Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Need Help Creating a Project
Need Help Creating a Project [message #756324] Sat, 12 November 2011 00:49
Mark Phillips is currently offline Mark PhillipsFriend
I am new to Eclipse, so if this is the wrong forum, please tell me which one is appropriate. There are so many to choose from!

I am building an Android project, and I have all the bits for that installed. I can build an Android Activity and have it run on the emulator. Now I need to add some business logic.

My business logic has two parts. Part A is a single text file that is transformed by a java program into a Java source file (e.g. java -cp .:A.jar myprogram.Main myFile.txt produces myFile.java). Part B is a collection of Java source files for the rest of my business logic. In order to create the Java file in part A, it requires the class files from Part B. Once the Java file from Part A is created, it has to be compiled with the Java files in part B to complete a functioning project.

In other words, the steps are:
1. compile Java files in Part B using part B Java files and classes in B.jar.
2. create Java file in Part A using text file, classes in A.jar, and class files from Part B
3. compile Java file from step 2 using Java files in Part B and classes in B.jar.

I do not want to include the text file from Part A with the final generated Android project.

I need some guidance on how to set up Part A and Part B in eclipse so I can create the Java file for Part A and then compile that file with the Java files in Part B to form a jar file that I can include with my Android project.

Thanks!

Mark
Previous Topic:Inheritance - eclipse plugins vs. java
Next Topic:create new file template
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:45:10 GMT 2024