Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » export from xml to EMF possibilities
export from xml to EMF possibilities [message #754576] Thu, 03 November 2011 11:02 Go to next message
Valerian Merkling is currently offline Valerian MerklingFriend
Messages: 71
Registered: May 2011
Member
Hi everyone !

Here is my goal : I've got a lots of data in xml (automatically generated, i can't modify its structure), and i want it under my self defined emf metamodel.

I also have the xsd grammar from my xml files.

My problem is that i'm not really familiar to EMF and EMF tools, so i don't know what i can do to achieve my goal.

I suppose that i have to use my xsd to make a ecore metamodel, and then a model to model transformation, to get my data in my own metamodel, am i right?

Any hint or links is welcome.

Thanks !


[Updated on: Thu, 03 November 2011 11:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: export from xml to EMF possibilities [message #754622 is a reply to message #754576] Thu, 03 November 2011 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31548
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Comments below.

On 03/11/2011 12:02 PM, niarkoleptik wrote:
> Hi everyone !
>
> Here is my goal : I've got a lots of data in xml (automatically
> generated, i can't modify it's structure), and i want it under my self
> defined emf metamodel.
>
> I also have the xsd grammar from my xml files.
>
> My problem is that i'm not really familiar to EMF and EMF tools, so i
> don't know what i can do to achieve my goal.
You've followed the tutorial for producing a model from a schema?
>
> I suppose that i have to use my xsd to make a ecore metamodel, and
> then a model to model transformation, to get my data in my own
> metamodel, am i right?
Is your model very different from the model you get from the schema?
>
> Any hint or links is welcome.
>
> Thanks !
>
>
>


Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: export from xml to EMF possibilities [message #754830 is a reply to message #754622] Fri, 04 November 2011 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Valerian Merkling is currently offline Valerian MerklingFriend
Messages: 71
Registered: May 2011
Member
Hi Ed !

I followed a tutorial and i got my .ecore file from my xsd, and that was really easy.

Where i got some "problem" is to transform my xml data (following the xsd structure) in a model following the .ecore file generated.

And yes, the final model i need is clearly different than the generated, but it seems there is some model to model transformation tool.

In fact, i don't even know if converting my raw xml data into an ecore model is possible, or better than parsing the xml and building a model myself.
Re: export from xml to EMF possibilities [message #754927 is a reply to message #754830] Sat, 05 November 2011 08:33 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 31548
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Comments below.

On 04/11/2011 3:10 PM, niarkoleptik wrote:
> Hi Ed !
>
> I followed a tutorial and i got my .ecore file from my xsd, and that
> was really easy.
>
> Where i got some "problem" is to transform my xml data (following the
> xsd structure) in a model following the .ecore file generated.
What specifically is the problem?
>
> And yes, the final model i need is clearly different than the
> generated, but it seems there is some model to model transformation tool.
I'm not familiar with the model transformation tools. Of course you can
always write such a transformation in Java using the generated APIs for
each model
>
> In fact, i don't even know if converting my raw xml data into an ecore
> model is possible,
With enough effort, almost anything is possible.
> or better than parsing the xml and building a model myself.
Certainly you can deal with transforming either SAX events, a DOM
structure, or an EMF schema-based representation into your final EMF
representation. Probably the final one is the easiest to write while
the first will perform the best.


Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:[Teneo] EMap Table not created
Next Topic:[Edapt]
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 25 23:27:47 GMT 2020

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01573 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top