Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Basic XML editor w/o installing WTP?(I have a minimal Eclipse installation and want only a simple XML editor)
Basic XML editor w/o installing WTP? [message #754272] Tue, 01 November 2011 17:51 Go to next message
James Adams is currently offline James AdamsFriend
I am using Eclipse version 3.7.1 (the basic Java SDK version) with Flash Builder plugin installed. It works great except for my inability to get XML syntax highlighting. I know you get this out of the box with the WTP version of Eclipse but I don't want to install the WTP bundle if I can avoid it since I don't need any of the other tools. I thought I might just be able to add an XML editor plugin or something along those lines, but it's not looking to be as simple as that. Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance for your help.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 November 2011 22:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Basic XML editor w/o installing WTP? [message #754303 is a reply to message #754272] Wed, 02 November 2011 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently online Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You should be able to choose just the XML Editors and Tools from the Indigo Release Site using the Install New Software wizard.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Basic XML editor w/o installing WTP? [message #754488 is a reply to message #754303] Wed, 02 November 2011 17:43 Go to previous message
James Adams is currently offline James AdamsFriend
Thanks, Nitin!
Previous Topic:Eclipse JavaScript provides development hints/tips/completion for fast development
Next Topic:Plug-In not taking affect in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 13:31:51 GMT 2024