Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » building with Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain (stderr?)(Trying to build w/ Visual Studio toolchain. Stderr from compilation failures won't show up in Console window.)
building with Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain (stderr?) [message #753587] Thu, 27 October 2011 21:32 Go to next message
Mike Reed is currently offline Mike ReedFriend
Hi,
I've moved to a new project that's currently built w/ Visual Studio 2010's project-file based build system. I'm in hell, and trying to get the project building under Eclipse, where I'll be happy again.

I've created an Eclipse project that is set to use Visual Studio's toolchain, and it's kind-of working, but the compiler errors don't show up in the Console window. All it shows is:

**** Rebuild of configuration Release for project foo ****

**** Internal Builder is used for build ****
cl.exe /c /O2 /EHs /MD /nologo /Foo.obj ..\..\..\..\perforceWorkspaces\blah\main\Foo.cpp
Build error occurred, build is stopped
Time consumed: 58 ms.

It appears that stderr is not getting routed to the Console window. I can't fix the build errors unless I can see what they are!

Any hints?

(Also, if there's a better way to move a non-Makefile, Visual Studio project to Eclipse, please let me know).

Thank!
Re: building with Microsoft Visual C++ toolchain (stderr?) [message #753629 is a reply to message #753587] Fri, 28 October 2011 07:00 Go to previous message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Did you activate the Visual C++ error parser in Project Properties->C/C++ Build->Settings->Error parsers ?

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Previous Topic:Colors of highlight
Next Topic:Eclipse CDT stack overflow problem,need help.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:55:28 GMT 2024