Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » XDebug Remote Debugging with source on remote server(Remote Debugging)
XDebug Remote Debugging with source on remote server [message #752305] Wed, 26 October 2011 10:50
Matt Burkhardt is currently offline Matt BurkhardtFriend
Arghh!

I would like to do remote debugging with the source stored on the remote machine - makes it easier for me to work from multiple locations.

I'm running Indigo on Ubuntu 11.10 and I know that the server is correctly configured because I have been able to get Komodo IDE running in that configuration with all debugging. However, I would prefer to use Eclipse because I'm familiar with it.

I've been working on this for about six hours - I've gotten all the PDT downloads, all the remote tools I could find, I'm working on a Drupal module without the pretty URL's.

I am able to open the file on the remote server, I can get it to start the debug session, but then Eclipse always wants to look to my local drive to load source.

Update - apparently broke something. Can't select "Debug As"

Amy ideas, tips, hints, rtfm suggestions greatly appreciated.
Previous Topic:Action in Form is printing the file name rather than invoking the action's php file?
Next Topic:Need Suggestion: Eclipse PDT/Zend Studio in Team Environtment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:37:06 GMT 2024