Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput(Problem to provide my own StructureMergeViewer)
[EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #748223] Mon, 24 October 2011 15:14 Go to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hello,
I'm a newcomer in EMF-Compare. I'm using EMF-Compare on uml files. I'm trying to provide my own StructureMergeViewer using the extension point org.eclipse.compare.structureMergeViewer. I declare the following IViewerCreator :

public class MyStructureMergeViewerCreator implements IViewerCreator{

public MyStructureMergeViewerCreator() {
		//nothing to do
	}

public Viewer createViewer(Composite parent, CompareConfiguration config) {
		return new ParameterizedStructureMergeViewer(parent,config);
	}
}

Using this code, I get a pull down menu to choose the structure merge viewer, but when I choose mine new viewer, the structural viewer disappears and only the merge viewer is displayed

index.php/fa/4476/0/
It seems me, that the problem comes from ComparisonResourceSnapshotImpl which is the current input and which is not a ICompareInput (instanceof in org.eclipse.compare.internal.CompareStructureViewerSwitchingPane#getViewer).
Do you have some idea to correct this problem?

Attachments : a zip with my project and a snapshot of my problem.

Thanks

Re: [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #749524 is a reply to message #748223] Tue, 25 October 2011 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Vincent,

EMF Compare did not accept hot swapping of the structure viewer. This has been fixed and will be possible in 1.3.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #749648 is a reply to message #749524] Tue, 25 October 2011 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your answer. What is the id for this bug?
Re: [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #751832 is a reply to message #749648] Wed, 26 October 2011 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vincent,

I did not open a bug for this as it was neither known (you're the first to detect it) nor difficult to fix since I could reproduce easily with your input.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #753728 is a reply to message #751832] Fri, 28 October 2011 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,
I posted the Bug 362312 for this problem.

Vincent Lorenzo
Re: [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #754342 is a reply to message #753728] Wed, 02 November 2011 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Vincent,

What I meant was, I already fixed this bug so did not open any bugzilla entry Smile.

I'll use the bug you opened for further comments on this.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #754767 is a reply to message #754342] Fri, 04 November 2011 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Laurent,
Do you have included the patch in EMF Compare 1.3.0.v20111025-0757? My example doesn't work on this version.

Vincent Lorenzo
Re: [EMF-Compare] StructureMergeViewer, ComparisonResourceSnapshot and ICompareInput [message #755055 is a reply to message #754767] Mon, 07 November 2011 08:52 Go to previous message
Vincent,

No, I fixed this after you raised this topic on the newsgroup, just before my comment of the 26th of October; so the fix is in a latter build. I promoted last week a more recent integration build on the interim update site : http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/compare/updates/interim/1.3 .

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:csv to EObject data converter for import wizard
Next Topic:[CDO] CDOException "Not a Resource Folder".
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 22:08:39 GMT 2024