Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS
PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82112] Thu, 16 October 2008 12:43 Go to next message
Andrew Thompson is currently offline Andrew ThompsonFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Hi,

As mentioned in another topic, I noticed there is a release tag of PDT
version 1.0.5 in the CVS repository.

Is this going to be compiled into a download on the PDT download page?

I assume it was this that Zend Studio 6.1 is running on so it could run
on Ganymede.

Andy
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82138 is a reply to message #82112] Thu, 16 October 2008 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: codeslave.ca.ibm.com

PDT 1.0.x requires Eclipse 3.3, not 3.4.

If you want a PDT for Eclipse 3.4, go here:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PDT/Installation

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As mentioned in another topic, I noticed there is a release tag of PDT
> version 1.0.5 in the CVS repository.
>
> Is this going to be compiled into a download on the PDT download page?
>
> I assume it was this that Zend Studio 6.1 is running on so it could run
> on Ganymede.
>
> Andy

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User:Nickb
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82153 is a reply to message #82138] Thu, 16 October 2008 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Ward is currently offline Matt WardFriend
Messages: 1
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Nick Boldt wrote:

> PDT 1.0.x requires Eclipse 3.3, not 3.4.

Although this may technically be the official line, this just isn't true -
1.0.5 compiles and runs successfully under Ganymede (have been using it
with no problems 8 hours a day for about a week - in fact I'm fairly sure
it's more stable than 3.3/1.0.3), and even ignoring that, common sense
would dictate that this is the version Zend are using for Zend Studio (as
they must surely be using something?).

So to repeat Andy's original question, when is, or is, PDT 1.0.5 going to
be compiled into a download on the PDT download page?
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82182 is a reply to message #82112] Fri, 17 October 2008 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: silver.zachara.gmail.com

Andrew Thompson napsal(a):
> Hi,
>
> As mentioned in another topic, I noticed there is a release tag of PDT
> version 1.0.5 in the CVS repository.
>

Hi,

where can I find it ? I can't find any tags of PDT in /cvsroot/tools/or.eclipse.pdt
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82193 is a reply to message #82182] Fri, 17 October 2008 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Thompson is currently offline Andrew ThompsonFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
You have to go into the head of a specific plugin/feature to import the
tags. Took me a while to figure that one out.

e.g.:

CVS repo: /cvsroot/tools/
HEAD/org.eclipse.pdt - import tags

browse to:
features/org.eclipse.php-feature
and select the tag and import it

Once you've found and imported the tag, you can check out the whole of
the PDT at that tag.


You can see the tags in the ViewCVS site by doing the same, e.g.

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pdt/fea tures/org.eclipse.php-feature/?root=Tools_Project&pathre v=R1_0_5_20080723

Andy

Silver Zachara wrote:
> Andrew Thompson napsal(a):
>> Hi,
>>
>> As mentioned in another topic, I noticed there is a release tag of PDT
>> version 1.0.5 in the CVS repository.
>>
>
> Hi,
>
> where can I find it ? I can't find any tags of PDT in /cvsroot/tools/or.eclipse.pdt
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82206 is a reply to message #82193] Fri, 17 October 2008 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: silver.zachara.gmail.com

Andrew Thompson napsal(a):
> You have to go into the head of a specific plugin/feature to import the
> tags. Took me a while to figure that one out.
>
> e.g.:
>
> CVS repo: /cvsroot/tools/
> HEAD/org.eclipse.pdt - import tags
>
> browse to:
> features/org.eclipse.php-feature
> and select the tag and import it
>
> Once you've found and imported the tag, you can check out the whole of
> the PDT at that tag.
>
>
> You can see the tags in the ViewCVS site by doing the same, e.g.
>
> http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pdt/fea tures/org.eclipse.php-feature/?root=Tools_Project&pathre v=R1_0_5_20080723
>

It's works fine thank for reaction.
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82220 is a reply to message #82193] Fri, 17 October 2008 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: silver.zachara.gmail.com

to Andrew Thompson:

Hi,

I would like You ask a simple how to compile PDT 1.0.5. Suffice entireliy simple
instructions, I am apprehensive.

Or some instructions with some links how to do this, beacause uncle google is silent ;)
and Java isn't my soapbox.

Thank You for your advice.
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82230 is a reply to message #82220] Fri, 17 October 2008 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Thompson is currently offline Andrew ThompsonFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
Sure,

You will need to have the eclipse JDT and PDE loaded, along with PDT's
build depedencies.

eclipse JDT and PDE runtime binaries
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.1- 200809111700/index.php

PDT dependencies
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/ emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.1/R200808251517/emf-runtime-2.4. 1.zip
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/ emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.1/R200808251517/sdo-runtime-2.4. 1.zip
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/ emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.1/R200808251517/xsd-runtime-2.4. 1.zip
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/datatool s/downloads/1.6/dtp_1.6.1.zip
http://www.eclipse.org/gef/download.php?file=/tools/gef/down loads/drops/3.4.1/R200809101400/GEF-SDK-3.4.1.zip
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/webtools /downloads/drops/R3.0/R-3.0.2-20080921203356/wtp-R-3.0.2-200 80921203356.zip

These all need to be installed for PDT to compile and run.

Import all of the CVS checkout's features and plugins as separate projects.

Open the org.eclipse.php-feature project's feature.xml

On that page, click the Export link, and give a directory to save the
results in.

It should compile all of the plugins for that feature, and you can copy
them back into your eclipse installation.

Of course this guide wouldn't be necissary if Zend was to provide the
compiled binaries on their download page and update site.


Silver Zachara wrote:
> to Andrew Thompson:
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like You ask a simple how to compile PDT 1.0.5. Suffice entireliy simple
> instructions, I am apprehensive.
>
> Or some instructions with some links how to do this, beacause uncle google is silent ;)
> and Java isn't my soapbox.
>
> Thank You for your advice.
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82271 is a reply to message #82230] Fri, 17 October 2008 21:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: silver.zachara.gmail.com

Andrew Thompson napsal(a):
>
> Of course this guide wouldn't be necissary if Zend was to provide the
> compiled binaries on their download page and update site.
>

But Zend didn't provide this binaries, they are only in Zend studio for eclipse 6.1 as
org.zend.php.ui_6.1.0.v20080907, etc.....

I will compile PDT 1.0.5, but I want to ask you if don't have compiled PDT 1.0.5. It Would
save me a lot of time and work :(

If not never mind, but let me know pls. ;)
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82285 is a reply to message #82230] Sat, 18 October 2008 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: silver.zachara.gmail.com

Andrew Thompson napsal(a):
> Sure,
>
> You will need to have the eclipse JDT and PDE loaded, along with PDT's
> build depedencies.
>
> eclipse JDT and PDE runtime binaries
> http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.1- 200809111700/index.php
>
> PDT dependencies
> http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/ emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.1/R200808251517/emf-runtime-2.4. 1.zip
> http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/ emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.1/R200808251517/sdo-runtime-2.4. 1.zip
> http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/download.php?file=/modeling/ emf/emf/downloads/drops/2.4.1/R200808251517/xsd-runtime-2.4. 1.zip
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/datatool s/downloads/1.6/dtp_1.6.1.zip
> http://www.eclipse.org/gef/download.php?file=/tools/gef/down loads/drops/3.4.1/R200809101400/GEF-SDK-3.4.1.zip
> http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/webtools /downloads/drops/R3.0/R-3.0.2-20080921203356/wtp-R-3.0.2-200 80921203356.zip
>
> These all need to be installed for PDT to compile and run.
>
> Import all of the CVS checkout's features and plugins as separate projects.
>
> Open the org.eclipse.php-feature project's feature.xml
>
> On that page, click the Export link, and give a directory to save the
> results in.
>
> It should compile all of the plugins for that feature, and you can copy
> them back into your eclipse installation.
>
> Of course this guide wouldn't be necissary if Zend was to provide the
> compiled binaries on their download page and update site.
>
>

I have done exactly what you wrote, but dependecies aren't in accordace with
org.eclipse.php-feature's feature.xml file, in this file is dependece on the
org.eclipse.wst 2.0.0 :
http://img222.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdt1051gw7.jpg


I clicked "Export wizard", you wrote "Export link" is that right ?:
http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdt1052an3.jpg


When I did Export, I got this errors:
http://img396.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdt1054rg4.jpg


Should I something set up on the option tab on Export dialog ?
http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pdt1053pd4.jpg


Where am I doing mistake ? (Or what's wrong ?)

I would be very happy and grateful/thankful, if You help me, or if You would be able to
give me some advice.

Thank you
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82300 is a reply to message #82285] Sat, 18 October 2008 14:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Thompson is currently offline Andrew ThompsonFriend
Messages: 10
Registered: July 2009
Junior Member
From your pictures I noticed the tag you checked out was
"Root_R1_0_5_20080723".

There is another one called "R1_0_5_20080723" which was the one I used.
Try checking out that one.

> Where am I doing mistake ? (Or what's wrong ?)
>
> I would be very happy and grateful/thankful, if You help me, or if You would be able to
> give me some advice.
>
> Thank you
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82315 is a reply to message #82153] Sat, 18 October 2008 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: codeslave.ca.ibm.com

See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=251304 and vote!

Matt Ward wrote:
> Nick Boldt wrote:
>
>> PDT 1.0.x requires Eclipse 3.3, not 3.4.
>
> Although this may technically be the official line, this just isn't true
> - 1.0.5 compiles and runs successfully under Ganymede (have been using
> it with no problems 8 hours a day for about a week - in fact I'm fairly
> sure it's more stable than 3.3/1.0.3), and even ignoring that, common
> sense would dictate that this is the version Zend are using for Zend
> Studio (as they must surely be using something?).
>
> So to repeat Andy's original question, when is, or is, PDT 1.0.5 going
> to be compiled into a download on the PDT download page?
>

--
Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/User:Nickb
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82327 is a reply to message #82300] Sat, 18 October 2008 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: silver.zachara.gmail.com

Andrew Thompson napsal(a):
> From your pictures I noticed the tag you checked out was
> "Root_R1_0_5_20080723".
>
> There is another one called "R1_0_5_20080723" which was the one I used.
> Try checking out that one.
>

I used tag and not branch :) But with R1_0_5_20080723 branch everything works fine and
wihtout problems.

I will trying build PDT 1.0.5 with stables Eclipse Ganymede, thus 3.4.0 and standard tools
in this release.

Im very very happy and glad, that you have helped me and I want very match thank You for
Your time.

Because I can't live to see/wait PDT 2.0.0 and this is also a little compensation.
Re: PDT 1.0.5 release tag in CVS [message #82535 is a reply to message #82327] Thu, 23 October 2008 18:49 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: dcarver.starstandard.org

Along these lines there is an effort underway by the community to try
and get an official PDT 1.0.5 maintenance out. Community or Adopter
input would be appreciated:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=251304

Dave

Silver Zachara wrote:
> Andrew Thompson napsal(a):
>> From your pictures I noticed the tag you checked out was
>> "Root_R1_0_5_20080723".
>>
>> There is another one called "R1_0_5_20080723" which was the one I used.
>> Try checking out that one.
>>
>
> I used tag and not branch :) But with R1_0_5_20080723 branch everything works fine and
> wihtout problems.
>
> I will trying build PDT 1.0.5 with stables Eclipse Ganymede, thus 3.4.0 and standard tools
> in this release.
>
> Im very very happy and glad, that you have helped me and I want very match thank You for
> Your time.
>
> Because I can't live to see/wait PDT 2.0.0 and this is also a little compensation.
Previous Topic:[PDT 1.0.3] Completion code doesn't work on a new project ?
Next Topic:auto complete $_SESSION
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Jan 30 16:05:41 GMT 2023

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.04521 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top