Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » unable to change SSH2 on Ubuntu
unable to change SSH2 on Ubuntu [message #742194] Thu, 20 October 2011 09:10 Go to next message
Niezly  is currently offline Niezly Friend
I use "git" user to connect to the repository. I've changed the SSH2 home to /home/git/.ssh (Preferences->General->Network Connections->SSH) and added "id_dsa" file. Unfortunately when trying to connect I receive the following error:

ssh://git@<host>/some/path/Project: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/<MY_HOME>/.ssh/id_dsa (No such file or directory)

form CLI it works fine. for EGit I've found a workaround(but not a very convenient one)
if I copy "id_dsa" from git/.ssh to <MY_HOME>/.ssh it works ;/

any ideas how to fix it?

my configuration:
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) 64bit
Eclipse Indigo build 20110916-0149
EGit 1.1.0.201109151100-r
Re: unable to change SSH2 on Ubuntu [message #742772 is a reply to message #742194] Thu, 20 October 2011 20:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Doninger is currently offline Manuel DoningerFriend
In Window -> Preferences -> General -> Network -> SSH you can configure the directory where EGit/Eclipse looks for the SSH keys. But why do you create a local user git to access the repository? You only need that user on the server where the repositories are stored. Then you simply save the private SSH keys, which have the rights to sign in with the git user, in the .ssh folder of your user account.
Re: unable to change SSH2 on Ubuntu [message #747821 is a reply to message #742772] Mon, 24 October 2011 09:56 Go to previous message
Niezly  is currently offline Niezly Friend
Quote:
In Window -> Preferences -> General -> Network -> SSH you can configure the directory where EGit/Eclipse looks for the SSH keys

it seems those settings are ignored. EGit always chooses "id_dsa" from HOME.

Quote:
But why do you create a local user git to access the repository?

for various evil reasons Twisted Evil
Previous Topic:no supported authentication methods available
Next Topic:commit gui reformats modified hard-wrapped text badly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:21:20 GMT 2024